corbin seat problem

Paulmc

Registered
I bought a rear corbin seat with the backrest over the winter. It would pop on and off no problem. Yesterday my wife and I went for a ride and seems to have jammed on the bike. I tried to turn the key and push down on the seat to release it and it did not work. What has me is as you wiggle the key the backrest is moving and it is very hard to move the key. Is there any way to remove the rear inner fairing from the bottom to get to the latch. There is a hat in the tail section so I really can't see the latch. Thanks for the help

Sounds like there's something wrong with the seat. I would be happy to take it off your hands. I read on here somewhere how to get in there with 2 popsickle sticks so I'm sure someone will chime in.

As I stated before The locking bolt with the cap allen head to hold the backrest on somehow became loose during our ride. Where it is positioned it wedges in the tray that the cable holder rides in so you cannot move the cable. Badassbusaboy and I had to push the screw over a bit to open the tail. It was not easy to get that open. I suggest making sure that bolt is tight every so often since I actually checked mine prior to that ride with an allen wrench. Now I hope it doesn't happen again since I used Locktight on it. But thank you guys for the help.

Are you sure it's not from your fat arse. HA HA glad we got it off. Now you can sleep tonight, hey what about my beer.:beerchug: This is the fast rider.

x-mas 2009 096.jpg

And so this is gorgeous speaking "What the heck are you looking at in the pic from Harvey's Lake????? Do we know you or what......

Back