Corbin Or New Image

Redwhite&busa

Registered
Hey everyone just wanted to see what everyone thought was better. I see alot of people with corbin seats and alot with new image seats. Has anyone had experience with both? And is there another seat that I am missing out on? And how does your seat compare to stock?

Last edited:
I can't help with either. I have the Zero Gravity Latitude. It's not a bad seat, can't really compare it to any other than stock.

It's softer than stock. It is also more comfortable when your shifting your weight around for corners. The only gripe I really have is if you let it sit out in the sun all day it heats up like a gel seat would.

I can't give you opinion on both neither, but I loved my Corbin. It took a little to break in, but once it did, my behind was extremely happy and I never had an issue ridding 5 or 6 hours, even with the back/sciatic nerve problems I've been having the last 2 years. I converted to a gsxr tail and the kit came with a different shape Corbin, but I can't give a review on this one yet since I've only put about 10 miles on the bike thanks to the rain.

It's softer than stock. It is also more comfortable when your shifting your weight around for corners. The only gripe I really have is if you let it sit out in the sun all day it heats up like a gel seat would.
I figured anything I get it would have something that bugs me a little. Having a hot seat for a while isn't really a deal breaker. Just have to keep it in the shade if I can.

How long does the corbin take to break in? I ride now for a while on my stock seat. I rode from North Central Florida to North East Mississippi on the stock seat and was fine. But I would like to try something new.

How long does the corbin take to break in? I ride now for a while on my stock seat. I rode from North Central Florida to North East Mississippi on the stock seat and was fine. But I would like to try something new.
I couldn't stand the stocker for more than 1 hour. It took about 2k miles to break in the corbin. Maybe a little more.

If your not to concerned with cost of a great product look into Russells daylong seats. I have never tried one but I have never heard a bad review.

I wud not chose either. send it here it will cost the same and it will be custom with nice leather and high quality gel..... http://www.kalinmotorcycleseats.com

you can do anything u want with any leather or design or shape. he has computers that can design anything.

u can see with mine I had him angle it slightly to keep me planted. mine is in swede leather so I don't slide on top. on the sides its quality leather and it has a gel insert. I have ridden 3+ hours on it and I can honestly say its more comfortable to my ass then my car seat is no BS!

IMG_0031.JPG

Thansk guys you have definetly given me more seats to look at. I haven't heard of Kalin motorcycle seats or Russells daylonget seats .

I've been on a New Image since 2008 and wouldn't switch,they look great,feel great,and get you down into the bike rather than being perched up on top of it.

I love my Corbins. But have often wondered how the New Image rode. The rear being built up would keep you pressed towards the tank, not sure I would like that part. You sit low in the corbins also.

Back