Corbin Beetle Bags

I would think that backpacks are only an option for short rides, not overnighters...talking about sore shoulders, back and neck. I looked at the Dragon packs on that site, but can't really see enough of them. Can't tell how they are made, how they look when wearing them, and how large they are. Additioanlly, if you ride with a passenger, that couldn't be too cool. If you do not ride with a passenger, you probably leave your hump on. Will a backpack bump into the hump? Could be uncomfortable, particularly if the backpack is a hard pack. Also, you could leave a wear mark or scratches on the hump.

I did buy a pack that converts from a tank pack to a back pack. It is Ok...a little small, but looks nice. i do not like big tank bags. Here is the link for Speedpaks. Speedpak I figure, I can carry small items, (camera, gloves, beverage, Cd's etc.) in this pack and in my Hump storage, and load clothes in the Corbins. I think I will be alright for Leguna.

Thinker

I wore a back pack to laguna last year with my rear cowling on the bike. It was a little uncomfortable but not bad.But that and a tank bag was enough for the trip. I bought the back pack at the suzuki tent at the race really nice and it was only 80.00 dollars.

The questions your asking corbin on the bags is exactly the way the Bmw bags are. They have handles. One of them will hold a helmet, they sit flat on the ground... and they have a quick release..............it can be done.....................!!!

Try these...
Ventura
tounge.gif

gararnett,

Looks like your starting to get picked on? Saddlebags (sounds to Harleyish)? Their Panniers matey!!!
Uh, I called 'em cases. If my bike was a Harley(or other American made bike), and they were soft/leather, I'd call 'em saddlebags. If they(cases) or the bike were from England, I'd call 'em panniers. Krauser calls 'em K5 Cases. So I call 'em cases.

As far as gettin' picked on, I don't care. I used to make fun of guys with aftermarket luggage on their bikes back when I was 18. They also rode their bikes a lot more than I did at the time. I'm trying to ride more, and as I do, the more I make these types of modifications.

I also keep saying I'm gonna do a SaddleSore1000, which I've wanted to do for more than 5 years. I hoped to do it this year, but hasen't happened. Maybe next year. The cases will be nice then. Someday I'll actually stop talking about it and do it. Until then, its dreamland.

Gar

just been lurkin, thinker and i were at the bike show wish you were there.

quick ?---is that a muzzy exhaust on you bike.

Quote (havoc @ Dec. 18 2002,3:00)
Quote (cache @ Dec. 16 2002,9:34)
think I've decided to just go with a tank bag, and a backpack... saw a backpack I really liked. Will post it when I find it.

euro sport jumbo hauler, works like a charm

http://www.roadgear.com

That is just what I'm lookin for! Thanks Havoc!! [/QUOTE]

Now if it is soft luggage that you want, there are a lot of cool ones...Check out these:
Motrax Bags Click on B Bags, then Speed Pack.

Thinker

Back