Corbin Beetle Bags Gen 1 Install Help

Y2K81

Registered
Does anyone on here have a gen 1 with the Corbin beetle bag set? Ive got a set but they are only held on in 2 spots. Still looks like there should be a screw near the large bolts under the rear seat and another one near the exhaust hangers but I have no idea what hardware is required and Corbin has moved on to gen 2 stuff.

I just removed some off of my gen 1. There's a bracket that bolts to the undertail that mounts to the side of the beetle bag. A stud that bolts to the side of the tail, the beetle bag attaches there, as well as a mount on the rear set/exhaust hanger that mounts to the bottom of the beetle bag. I can take pictures of the mounting hardware if you'd like.

Yes please do. I've contacted Corbin as well. Not sure if I'll have to fabricate my own now or what.

IMG_20170530_104108.jpg

IMG_20170530_104108.jpg

I removed my bags because the right bag has a missing lid. Fabricating some decent brackets would be fairly easy with a little fab experience. If you don't want to fab some, I would sell mine for the right price or trade in parts lol.

Yeah I definitely don't have the brackets for the exhaust hangers. Just seems there a 4th hole up top that seems to have a placement for a bolt coming off those 2 large bolts under the passenger seat.

Talked with Corbin. They have nothing on file for these anymore either. Your first pic... Top left is the bolts I'm talking about under the seat. There's a hole near there on the bags.

What brackets do you need?

I think I have some brackets left over from a Gen 1 beetle kit.

Post pics of what you need.

Well that's just it... I'm unsure of what the oem setup was.

By looking at it I should have 3 points of contact correct? If that's true then I only need the exhaust hangers.

If there's a forth position then I would need a bracket for that one too. I'll post pics of where I think there may have been a forth position.

Back