Corbin Bags

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Anyone know if the Corbin bags bottoms are below or above the bottom of the fuel tank ?

Why, because if they're above, I want to see if I can make them a gravity fed extra fuel tank.

Thanks Guys :beerchug:

a004.jpg

Anyone know if the Corbin bags bottoms are below or above the bottom of the fuel tank ?

Why, because if they're above, I want to see if I can make them a gravity fed extra fuel tank.

Thanks Guys :beerchug:

below, sounds like an interesting idea

Thanks, but maybe it's still workable :thumbsup: , I'll have to think about it a little more :beerchug:

I'd simplify things and just put a gas tank in the corbin bag. And it wouldn't hurt to add some vent holes to keep the heat down.

You could add a fuel pump and just use it to refill the main tank too

Hop onto the Iron Butt site. Lot of great info there on setting up the bike for touring.

IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders

Yeah, thanks. I was just looking for a possible SIMPLE way to do this like several of my riding compats have on their ST 1300's. Just having to add a simple "T" in the fuel lines with a flip switch (like on old bikes with their gas on/off switches on the fuel lines). Simple is what I want or it's a NO GO !

If it seems like it's not real simple (and probably not), I think I'll just keep the Busa for local (500-1000 mile) rides and rallys. Then either buy a BMW K1200LT or an R1200RT. The R1200 has the tank size (7.5 gal and gets 45 mpg) and both have the options I need and want. The K1200 has the Interstate Long Distance comfort that looks REAL GOOD. Along with a 6 gal + tank for range.

I am looking at adding a Border to Border (not a good idea now with the Mexico problems) trip, along with a 4 Corners and a Round the Great Lakes ride. Because my Wife and I are keeping her 94 year old mother, I can't do these rides for a year or two. So, planning now is what I am doing. And since I'am retired and at home, I have time to do all the work and planning now with no time limits.

Again, THANKS to ALL SUGGESTIONS :thumbsup:

Colonel, one our repeat customers with the tour company has a Triumph Bonneville set up like this. He bought a top case from JC Whitney ($80) & mounted it on the luggage rack. There's a fella on the net that will make you a gas tank. He's got a tank made to order for him (like the one pictured below) installed inside the top case.

Tour Tank Main

6"-8" diameter tank with ends welded on to your specified width. He then put a quick connect underneath so he could take the spare gas tank off anytime. Then ran the fuel link to the carbs with a petcock & t-connector. All gravity fed. Very simple system.

He's retired also. ;)

267377216_5NQ2x-M.jpg

267377216_5NQ2x-M.jpg

Now that's INTERESTING :thumbsup:

THANKS

"OH" how us retired folks have time to think up stuff to make and DO :laugh:

I was toooooooo fast on the trigger. Your Second POST is Exactly what I'am looking for !

Infact, the R1200 is LOOKING better and better !! Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz, a 7.5 gal tank and what looks like a 2 or 3 gal reserve. Let's see, that means at 45 mpg I can go WHOOOOOW :thumbs: 400 PLUS miles :cheerleader:

And Yeah, I know all you IBers, 300 miles between fuel stops is the max accepted limit. But I don't ride as fast as Peter Egan or Warchild so I need less stops and the extra fuel :laugh:

why would it have to be gravity feed? don't bikes have a fuel pump? (don't answer that i know they do):laugh:
i would think it would suck fuel from where ever it may be. ??? just guessin???

The fuel pump is inside the tank tho, not really hand for getting fuel from the aux tank to the main

Sent from my Devour using Tapatalk

why would it have to be gravity feed? don't bikes have a fuel pump? (don't answer that i know they do):laugh:
i would think it would suck fuel from where ever it may be. ??? just guessin???

Think of it this way. The fuel in the Fuel Tank is on top of the fuel pump adding pressure. While the Aux tank (without a pump to put pressure in the sending hose) can't move any fuel if it's below the main fuel tank by the Fuels weight alone. But, above the connecting T, it has the fuels weight pressure to eliminate a fuel pump. :beerchug:

Kinda like, you have to PUMP water upstream, but I flows on it's own downstream :thumbsup:

Back