Coquihalla highway B.C.

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I caught a show on the weather channel called Highway To Hell and it turned out to be a show about those huge tow trucks working the hiway. Seems everyone drives that road in the dead of winter, many w/o chaining up and of course, slide off the road. It was fairly interesting despite the added ‘drama’ from the narrator. He also referred to the semi trucks as ‘simmys’ or simmy trucks. I’ve heard of a semi colon being pronounced simmy colon but never a big truck. :laugh: The highway and surrounding scenery looks like an outstanding motorcycle road, just not in the dead of winter. Has anyone ridden it? Looks like hiway 1 and 12. The area is mountainous but not quite a mile high. Sandow? You’re up there SW a bit, ever been up that hiway past Hope and Spuzzum or on hiway 5 past Brookmere, which also looks like a good ride? Anyone else?

Berlin Germany

Registered
uhh yeah

by our german tv i know a bit about these towing trucks and their real hard work and the weather they have there in winter

no thanks,
even with my famous audi v6 "quattro" (4 wheel driven) and best chains on all 4 tires i never would like to "test" these roads in winter
and i know how to drive in winter - i grew here in a german mountains with snowy white roads (snow was around 10-12 inches high)

gack

Registered
I've driven that hwy many times summer and winter and yes, it can get gnarly in winter. Only time it bothers me is if it's a white out and you can't see where the road begins and ends. If I'm on the bike the only time I'll ride it is if I'm in a hurry and need a straight shot to the interior as it's just a straight road, hwy 1 is much better and adds about an hour to the ride but twists and turns beside a river with fantastic scenery. Great riding once you hit the BC interior, tons of twisties with little to no vehicle traffic on many hwy speed roads. wouldn't recommend driving it in the winter without good winter tires, not all seasons. It's illegal to do that anyway.

srvRLogik

Registered
The Coq is nice...beautiful scenery but I really love Hwy 3 Crowsnest....slower speeds but more twisties. It also starts in Hope then heads south and follows the the Canada / USA border. Some really beautiful little towns through there too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pashnit Central California Highway 58 Ride Trips and Touring 1
Hauie Highway speeds General Bike Related Topics 28
pashnit Highway 1 Big Sur Pacific Coast - pics Trips and Touring 14
RedBull Ortega Highway Carousel ~ Couple Of Fun Curves . . . Twisties 1
Mike Chambers Fuel Price Highway Robbery Random Thoughts 10
piratediverjefff Me and Jeremy Cruising The Ortega Highway Today Videos 21
Lunchy You were on the Highway. Videos 7
busa-bager Gen1 Bike shuts off on the highway Busa problems 9
B cruising highway in 3rd? General Bike Related Topics 8
B hayabusa my first bike and ripping the highway New Owners Forum 36
JerzyBusa New Busa has a vibration on the highway Gen II Busa Information 28
kml Highway to He!! AC/DC must watch video Random Thoughts 19
04 limited looking for a highway tire. Tires 16
T Late Season Yosemite and Highway 1 Trips and Touring 8
T Bikers road rage on Russian highway General Bike Related Topics 6
C Pacific Coast Highway General Bike Related Topics 27
Boosted Cycle Perf A few highway pulls Turbo 21
Easy E OOPS Hayabusa loses chain at highway speeds.... General Bike Related Topics 30
captain Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway Random Thoughts 56
C6amar9O biker clocked going 170 mph on highway, on a Suzuki..hmm I wonder which one? General Bike Related Topics 4
captain Wasn't me, Biker clocked going 170 mph on upstate NY highway General Bike Related Topics 13
stangman327 iPhone fell off Busa on highway and survived! General Bike Related Topics 47
captain My greatest fear... The snake, that highway, a group ride and Semi kicking it at me.. Random Thoughts 45
k03gsxr750 Ike's Law: Restrict use of US Highway 129 to Non-Commercial Vehicles General Bike Related Topics 25
SHIRO HAYABUSA Who was riding north on highway 75 just south of Okmulgee? General Bike Related Topics 3
TWT racer A 12000 mile Pan American Highway Trip ??? General Bike Related Topics 12
BusaWhipped Missouri Highway O Videos 0
G Clipped On Major Highway Accident / Crash Forum 18
T Motorcycle Falls Off A Car On The Highway General Bike Related Topics 29
Taylor Million dollar highway, surrounding area's Random Thoughts 8
byebye666 Ghost Rider 6 - Highway To Hell Videos 4
B Not for highway use General Bike Related Topics 9
Bosshound California Highway Patrol !!! General Bike Related Topics 40
red1100cc highway sign funny Random Thoughts 24
J Busa Down on Ortega Highway Geographic Riding Areas 2
Speed King Korean gang on motorcycles take over highway Random Thoughts 41
GoAWOL Saw this on the highway today... Random Thoughts 32
Blanca BusaLess The Florida Highway Patrol doesnt mess around Random Thoughts 24
euroR Is Angeles Crest highway open General Bike Related Topics 12
Dino Million Dollar Highway General Bike Related Topics 33
xxx_busa pinched in Socal by the Highway patrol @ 110 + Purchasing, Insurance & Tickets 25
H Skyline Drive-almost hit a bear & I don't mean highway patrol Geographic Riding Areas 3
klatu848 Angeles Crest Highway run? General Bike Related Topics 5
S OK Highway patrol hard bags Appearance mods 13
Vaggabon1 Highway pegs on aBusa.... Busa Mods 35
wardie Oh I got lucky today with the Highway!! Random Thoughts 32
redkat05 "200mph" highway run with PashnIt at the end? General Bike Related Topics 33
ks-waterbug Shooter on Tx highway Kills innocent motorists... Random Thoughts 11
rdx4me 1 killed, 1 hurt in Scenic Highway crash General Bike Related Topics 20
jch364 a gift from the N.C. highway Patrol Random Thoughts 21