Coppertop 99s is it just me?

I'm a big fan of the 99 myself (Copper and Silver). I went with the next best color Gray and silver...My 2 cents...NCpanther01.//

Picture_017.jpg

OK,so I'm a post *****. I wanted a copper 99 from the first time I saw one. Then I found this broken, motor less and scratched up one sitting in front of a local repair shop. I looked closer and noticed that it had a boost gauge. I asked the shop guy about it and he said it was this bikes third trip to their shop in two years, and that the owner had just broken the chain and tranny. I thought the owner might be burned out on the bike so I asked the shop guy to give him my #. I ended up getting it for what I thought was a pretty good deal. At this point I've switched out the turbo system and added a liquid to air intercooler, 6 stage boost controller and with a bazillion other things. I added a bunch of carbon fiber and electronic doo dads too.I took apart and polished everything I could. Sometimes it can be hard to say enough is enough. It's a fun and healthy addiction though.
I missed two chances to get copper silver Vanson leather jackets. Both times it was members from this site that alerted me to the jackets being on E-bay. I missed one because I wasn't on this site for two weeks and when I came back and go the pm the lising was over. The other time I got out-bid. Oh well, someday?
I always felt a bit like I was saving this particular bike from getting parted out. Bert Viers at 1320 Straightliners helped out in a huge way by just about giving me most of an ultra kit (minus the secondaries) and tons of other help. Now the bike is mostly done. One of our local bike publications invites 40 local bikes to be in their section of the International Mootorcylcle Show. This year they invited me
birthday.gif
! I'm 42 and I feel like a little kid that just got a pat on the back.
I'm sure I'll take lots of pics and post them up, I just can't help myself.

bike_012.jpg

pic

The silver wrapped lump at the bottom of the pic is one of RCC's electric water pumps. It pumps the coolant through the heat exchanger and then through the plenum. Holy 's' was it a challenge to fit all this stuff in there!

bike_018.jpg

John your bike is the $#&$ !! I will see you at the show!

And Yes THe first busa I ever saw was a copper 99 and I think its the best one out !

Never could understand why Suzuki didn't choose that color scheme or something very similar on the Gen2 Busa...

Back