Coolant overflow!

toys

Registered
Hi i've a problem regarding my coolant overflow from my reserve tank and i notice that my fan is not running at all time so i did a test on my fan by give power supply direct from the battery to the fan & it turns!Anyone out there can help or have come across this problem?What shall i do next?I suspected 1)Thermostat 2)engine coolant temperature sensor 3) cooling fan thermo-switch!Please HELP!Thank you!

Your fan should not go on until jsut a tick above the mid line on the temp gauge. You may have air in the system. If you do a lot of traffic riding you may need to get a alum fan. Check the system first. If still in warrenty have the shop do it, this is very common.

When I started my Busa's engine after doing my two-year coolant change, the fan wouldn't run and the temperature got pretty hot - a little above 3/4 of the way up the gauge. I shut it down, checked all the wiring connections even though I hadn't touched them and left it sit to cool for about an hour. When I restarted it, the gauge was at about 1/4 and the fan came on just above 1/2 as usual. I can only guess an air pocket was at the sensor and it "burped" out when the engine cooled.

Ed

When I started my Busa's engine after doing my two-year coolant change, the fan wouldn't run and the temperature got pretty hot - a little above 3/4 of the way up the gauge.  I shut it down, checked all the wiring connections even though I hadn't touched them and left it sit to cool for about an hour.  When I restarted it, the gauge was at about 1/4 and the fan came on just above 1/2 as usual.  I can only guess an air pocket was at the sensor and it "burped" out when the engine cooled.

Ed
hi guys!Thanks for all the help from here!I've changed my coolant and everything is back to normal again!This forum is so good and people here is so helpful!Thanks again!

Man I thought the Busa ran cool, my fan almost never came on. When I had the Blackbird the fan would run non stop if running under 55mph in anything over 85f outside.

Welcome to the club RonB - I had a Honda VFR and if the fan WASN'T running anytime I wasn't on the freeway, I watched the temp gauge like a hawk!

Back