Coolant Issue or non issue....

IL_Bow_Man

Registered
A few weeks ago I replaced the radiator cap and refilled and burped the system. So far all has been good. Bike is not heating up past the half way mark at all. Fan kicks on and and keeps it where it should be. My resivoir tank got over the full line, didn't think it was a huge deal.

Fast forward to last night. Last night was the first time it had a good amount of time on it in town. It had a few hours of highway time on it, but it stays really cool on the highway. As I was pulling in the drive last night, it developed a leak of some sort. Had a puddle of water under it. So tonight I warmed it up good and hot....as hot as it would get anyway, to try and reproduce the problem. Could not get it to go. Got it hot, peeled off plastic, couldn't find anything.

So my question is this...could it have just been the coolant purging back into the resiovoir and overflowing it while it was hot. Now the the coolant level in the reseivoir is at the normal level. Your guys thoughts would be appreciated....

Thanks

It was too full...you should be fine now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty much what I was thinking, but just wanted some other opinions. It is kind of hard to see where coolant is running from when all the plastic is on...dang it anyway. And it was dark when I parked her...

Yea...sounds like she tried to burp and threw up a little :whistle:

I would say no big deal, try riding the same way for a day or two and see what happens. I don't think it's anything to be nervous about. :beerchug:

Back