Cool optical illusion

shortBoarder

on the pegs + into the sun
Donating Member
Registered
Neat illusion that plays with the way the brain filters color + optical input when there's no movement

check it

(i promise its not one of those damn things that has a screaming demon that pops up suddenly)

that's cool
cool.gif

I took me a minute to figure out what was going on, I couldnt firgue out that it was a black and white photo that I was looking at.

Your probably doing the same thing I was doing. Can you see the arch when you move the mouse over it? Is it in color or black and white?
When I move the mouse over it, it goes from a blue-ish purple hued pic to black and white... Whats it supposed to do? Is it cause I'm Blonde?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Seriously though, I don't get it.

sad.gif

Your probably doing the same thing I was doing. Can you see the arch when you move the mouse over it? Is it in color or black and white?
When I move the mouse over it, it goes from a blue-ish purple hued pic to black and white... Whats it supposed to do? Is it cause I'm Blonde?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

stare at the dot for about 15 seconds, trying not to move your focus.  after 15 seconds, keep your eyes locked but move your mouse over the image.

the image will change to a black+white image of the scene, but you will see it in color due to your retina retaining the color information from the first image.  The moment you avert your eyes, the color information is lost and you will see the image as monochromatic.

I noticed the first time you load the page the image switch doesnt happen instantly, so go to the link, roll your mouse over the image to load the black and white version, then give it a try.

Or you could be blonde
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148494503 -->

sad.gif

tounge.gif

rock.gif
tounge.gif

It should be in color. Remember to not look away from the dot.

sad.gif

I didn't... Maybe my mind works faster than you guys's (new word).
tounge.gif

Back