cool history channel show tonight

diesel

Registered
Nothing to do with bikes, but there is a show on tonight on the history channel about my profession;power linemen. It's a repeat from a while back, but it's pretty cool. Not sure what time it's on exactly yet.

Apparently no one gives a fu**. I'll reply to myself..."cool Diesel, maybe I'll check it out."

.....Awesome Diesel, you must be the man to do that poop!
-why thanx. Yes ...I am!ha-ha!

.....sounds interesting, will check it out....

damn I'm losing it.

I checked out most of the show. Thanks for the heads up. It was very interesting how they/you "bond on" to that high powered shid like that. All I can say is that yer "boys" must clank when you walk!
wow.gif

I guess electricity is my only real fear. I'm not scared of snakes, spiders, armed human beings, dogs, etc... but electricity scares the shid outta me.
rock.gif
I'll keep fightin' the criminals if you'll keep the lights on. Deal?
wink.gif

Electricity scares the hell outta me too. Been zapped by 240 a couple times. I wouldn't want any more then that hitting me.

Actually our "low secondary voltage" 120/240 kills more people. The high primary voltage blows off your arms and you wish you were dead. People tell me "aren't motorcycles dangerous?" and I get a laugh out of it....I was holding 7200 volts in my hands all day, hanging off a 50' pole. It's safe as long as you do it right.

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088689534 -->

Diesel...that shid is wild....watching those guys working those lines and seeing that arc jump to the wand thing was unreal......especially the dudes on the Choppers!!!! Hope they buy those pilots dinner on a regular basis!!

If you're doin' that stuff day in and day out....riding a busa must seem relaxing!!

Actually I don't do the transmission work(towers,helicopters) although I do have to climb the towers and know how to work them. I do the distribution work; the regular overhead and underground work like poles and transformers. We work with 3 phases of 7200 volts each which is stepped down thru transformers to the 120/240 we use everyday. It's an intense job but a lot of fun. Good $$$, if I can make it faster than my wife spends it!

diesel...I did mean to go find out what the show was and post times for everyone, but I got sidetracked and I'm a loser...

Sorry I missed it...we watch the History Channel often...I'm sure it will run again...looks interesting...

Back