cooked my brake.......

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
So its late Friday afternoon, just got home from Germany, so time for a quick blast on the Busa. As normal ride out of town passed the 40 limits into the country side, long sweeping bend, 100 plus all is good in the world. But what this around the bend, shid a hay truck, reduce speed would be a good thing. Now I know Busa brakes are crap, so uprated the pads to EBC. Now is a good time to hit the brakes, OK we stop, just but what has this done to my disks ?

06_odds_s_005.jpg

Tape off hard parts, sand both sides of (all four) the discs with 320 grit and re-bed the pads.

You may not have properly;

1) cleaned all debris/oils from the discs before starting out and
2) bedded-in the pads

Do you know the correct process?

Do you know the correct process? sorry Cookie not sure what you mean
beerchug.gif

(deldewey @ Sep. 26 2006,00:14) Do you know the correct process? sorry Cookie not sure what you mean  
beerchug.gif
Oh sorry, Deldewey. I meant for "bedding" in the pads properly.

I wasn't assuming you were short of the knowledge, I was just checking to eliminate, methodically, the problem.

Some people go right out after a change in pads and put the screws to the pads and gloss the disc and pads over immediately.

Sanding of all contact surfaces (pads AND discs) would be advised.

If you know how to bed properly, ignore the above.

I wear the "HH" and when you start out on a run, it is always (and with every pad surface) a good idea to slowly heat the pads and disc surfaces before getting into heavy/hard impact braking.

Each person rides differently, so no two techniques will the identical.

Mine look like that if I brake hard from high speed. They usual look normal after a few days if I'm not braking extremely hard. As long as they aren't warped and you have normal braking performance I wouldn't worry about it.

Back