Convicted felons voting?

How about sharing that blunt man?
Sorry don't smoke. I actually voted for Obama the first term. Not the second. I could go on and on as to why. Police ambushed all the time, kids indoctrinated in schools. Most corrupt administration ever!

I had a lot of black friends I lived around, worked with in Detroit and other places. Now when I am around black people I am thinking they hate me because I'm and old white man...

Sorry don't smoke. I actually voted for Obama the first term. Not the second. I could go on and on as to why. Police ambushed all the time, kids indoctrinated in schools. Most corrupt administration ever!

I had a lot of black friends I lived around, worked with in Detroit and other places. Now when I am around black people I am thinking they hate me because I'm and old white man...
I need to see a picture of u hugging at least ONE black person to justify ure comments.

I need to see a picture of u hugging at least ONE black person to justify ure comments.
What you need and get are two different things. I don't even have a picture of me hugging a white guy. Also I did not take many pictures in my early days. No digital back then. Closest I have is me and one of my old best friends that was Japanese.

What you need and get are two different things. I don't even have a picture of me hugging a white guy. Also I did not take many pictures in my early days. No digital back then. Closest I have is me and one of my old best friends that was Japanese.
View attachment 1599365
every white person needs at least one black friend.... who else is gonna teach me how to dance?

Convicted felons should regain their voting rights after serving their sentences, IMHO.
Why? Honest inquiry. I'm not sure about where the whole "felons not allowed to vote" thing happened, so I'm not sure what the intent behind the law originally was. I'll say I think non violent felons, at the end of whatever their sentence is, should be allowed to own and posses firearms again. It says "shall not be infringed" not "shall not be infringed unless you screw up"

Why? Honest inquiry. I'm not sure about where the whole "felons not allowed to vote" thing happened, so I'm not sure what the intent behind the law originally was. I'll say I think non violent felons, at the end of whatever their sentence is, should be allowed to own and posses firearms again. It says "shall not be infringed" not "shall not be infringed unless you screw up"
wow

that's crazy talk.... even pedophiles? and terrorists....

So Dan - a convicted felon has obviously stood before a court where evidence was heard, a guilty verdict rendered and the punishment set by the judge. After this sentence and/or penalty has been paid - as per the court - why would you think further penalties should arbitrarily be assessed? Did the crime, served the time and all that. Your personal assessment is not legally relevent, IMO. Just because someone is a pos doesn't mean they should have their right to vote taken away. Even if they are a pos like many politicians are.

We do hate you, being an old white man is a big part of it. Lol! Seriously, my wife is from Detroit and I lived there for 3 years. I know a little about the streets of Detroit. BTW: Just so you know, a white guy who says "I have black friends" is immediately suspicious to black people.

So Dan - a convicted felon has obviously stood before a court where evidence was heard, a guilty verdict rendered and the punishment set by the judge. After this sentence and/or penalty has been paid - as per the court - why would you think further penalties should arbitrarily be assessed? Did the crime, served the time and all that. Your personal assessment is not legally relevent, IMO. Just because someone is a pos doesn't mean they should have their right to vote taken away. Even if they are a pos like many politicians are.
many murderers are set free.... and its a great thing a parole officer is watching him... restoring their voting rights seems outrageous to me... that's the cost one pays when convicted of a felony..... they lose certain rights....

every white person needs at least one black friend.... who else is gonna teach me how to dance?
It's sad we do not get along. I liked a lot of the people I used to know. Also they had my back at times. I do still
We do hate you, being an old white man is a big part of it. Lol! Seriously, my wife is from Detroit and I lived there for 3 years. I know a little about the streets of Detroit. BTW: Just so you know, a white guy who says "I have black friends" is immediately suspicious to black people.
Actually I said I HAD black friends when I lived there. I was born there in Livonia. I lived on the east side. I worked in auto plants, an industry laundry on Livernois near downtown 4am until 12 noon. I worked at Gross Point Yacht club. I had good and bad experiences there.

Your quote "Just so you know, a white guy who says "I have black friends" is immediately suspicious to black people" not surprising since everything white people do these days is racist to black people and the new demorats.

My point was I lived and worked in an 85% black area. I think I know the difference of how black people looked at me then and now. Some had my back then and I had theirs.

I bet you don't like Candace Owens, Ben Carson, Dan Bongino, Allen West, Diamond and Silk and other black conservatives out there.

I used to work that draw bridge, gas pumps, pump out station, wash boats, deliver beer and other beverages on a golf cart, pick dead fish and muskrats from the water, do dock maintenance in the winter. we alternated jobs. I also was a security guard 11-7. This was when I was 17-18 years old.

It's sad we do not get along. I liked a lot of the people I used to know. Also they had my back at times. I do still

Actually I said I HAD black friends when I lived there. I was born there in Livonia. I lived on the east side. I worked in auto plants, an industry laundry on Livernois near downtown 4am until 12 noon. I worked at Gross Point Yacht club. I had good and bad experiences there.

Your quote "Just so you know, a white guy who says "I have black friends" is immediately suspicious to black people" not surprising since everything white people do these days is racist to black people and the new demorats.

My point was I lived and worked in an 85% black area. I think I know the difference of how black people looked at me then and now. Some had my back then and I had theirs.
Well, I was black back then and I'm still black for the most part, LOL! I know how we looked at you then and now. Pretty much the same just now we are voicing our issues openly.

I'm just pulling your chain man. Did live in Detroit though. I know those places well even though I lived in the city but in Palmer Woods. So you could say I know nothing about Detroit, Lol!

Well, I was black back then and I'm still black for the most part, LOL! I know how we looked at you then and now. Pretty much the same just now we are voicing our issues openly.

I'm just pulling your chain man. Did live in Detroit though. I know those places well even though I lived in the city but in Palmer Woods. So you could say I know nothing about Detroit, Lol!
There are racists from every race and probably always will be. Just like wars. All I know is I knew some cool/fun to be around people back then and asses too...lol.
I can't say I know the Palmer Woods area either so...

Detroit is now and old part of my history. Last time I lived there was the fall and winter of 92/93 and that was in Clinton Township. I have lived in 7 states and been around a lot of different people. I've worked full time since I was 16 and made my own way.

many murderers are set free.... and its a great thing a parole officer is watching him... restoring their voting rights seems outrageous to me... that's the cost one pays when convicted of a felony..... they lose certain rights....

A friend got into a scuffle with a group of men (five against one) and unfortunately ended up shooting and injuring one of them . . . a law abiding citizen prior to the event who made one mistake in his life and went to jail because of it. He served his time, most of it on the honor block at several different facilities. When he came up for parole, his sentencing judge recommended release. This all happened thirty years ago. He is now a family man with a well paying career and a really good person all around. No other marks on his record at all, not even a traffic ticket. Telling me he should not have the right to vote is bullsh*t to me. I think you should have a little compassion and forgiveness and give people the benefit of the doubt and some credit when deserved. That's my opinion, which I am entitled to, just like you. I'm out . . .

A friend got into a scuffle with a group of men (five against one) and unfortunately ended up shooting and injuring one of them . . . a law abiding citizen prior to the event who made one mistake in his life and went to jail because of it. He served his time, most of it on the honor block at several different facilities. When he came up for parole, his sentencing judge recommended release. This all happened thirty years ago. He is now a family man with a well paying career and a really good person all around. No other marks on his record at all, not even a traffic ticket. Telling me he should not have the right to vote is bullsh*t to me. I think you should have a little compassion and forgiveness and give people the benefit of the doubt and some credit when deserved. That's my opinion, which I am entitled to, just like you. I'm out . . .
this case seems like self defense... and im not personally denigrating ure friend... im just saying that catching a felony is generally a serious thing with long term implications...… some peoples felonious charges are absolutely breathtaking, and while they are incarcerated their names are listed with asterisks...… ESCAPE RISK...…. ure friend certainly seems to have been heavily shafted..... unless there was a problem with the gun.

Back