ConvertiBARS risers - Anyone have them?

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to have to raise my handlebars before I develop a permanent kink in my neck. There are a couple of manufacturers that either produce spacers that go on top of the triple tree (GenMar) or an offset bar that accomplishes the same task (Heli bars). I'd be inerested in comments from people who have either (or both) of these.

Then, there's ConvertiBARS. They seem to offer the most adustment possibilities, but I'm a little put off by the look. Anyone have these? What are your experiences?

I installed the Helibars and they look great (can hardly tell the difference).  They are definitely more comfortable, but I'm still experiencing some hand numbness, particularly after about an hour.  

I would also like to hear about the Convertibars.  I agree the look seems a bit dorky when extended back, but on a long trip that trade off would prolly be OK.  I love the idea of being able to move them back down for the twisties!  If anyone has done this on a Busa, I'd love to see some pics.

Looks like it would require longer cables and re-routing to work fully. I don't like the astetics of them (convertibars) and I question their strength/flexibi;ity. Just my two cents???

I ordered the 1-1/4" riser from Genmar. I guess if it's not enough I can always add the Heli bars without it looking too bad.

Anyone have pics of their Heli bars installed?

I ordered the 1-1/4" riser from Genmar.  I guess if it's not enough I can always add the Heli bars without it looking too bad.

That's been done before with mixed opinions. The bars will make contact with your upper fairing at full lock, so be carefull. Also, be sure to not use the bars as a location to attach tie-downs to, because the heli's will bend.

hayabusa_abig.jpg

Heli bars have worked fine for me. Just enough lift to allow me to sit up straight (I'm 6 ft tall) and still control the throttle. No problems with hitting the fairing.

I ordered the 1-1/4" riser from Genmar.  I guess if it's not enough I can always add the Heli bars without it looking too bad.

That's been done before with mixed opinions.  The bars will make contact with your upper fairing at full lock, so be carefull.  Also, be sure to not use the bars as a location to attach tie-downs to, because the heli's will bend.
In case there is some confusion about this, I meant that the bars will hit the fairing at steering lock when you combine helibars and genmar risers. FYI

Put my GenMar riser on today. It was easy. Took about 15 minutes to install. What a difference an inch and a quarter makes!

One little problem though. The brake reservoir makes contact with the shield at full left lock. Not a big enough problem for me to worry about though. I like the improved riding position.

Back