Controlling boost down tha track ?

C_Henry

Registered
How do you guys control boost going down tha track, or do you ? Are boost controlers necessary to run the 1/4mi  in a controlled manner ?
I just think 200+hp comming on all of a sudden would make it a little difficult to run .But, i know nothing of boost. So thats why I'm trying to learn from you guys before i spend alot of my money on one. Thanks.

<!--EDIT|C_Henry
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108955631 -->

C Henry you will probably get alot more feed back on your boost questions if you post them in the Turbo Section...Anyway you've got a several choices as far as controlling the boost...

1. You can leave it where its set with the spring in the wastegate...
2. You can add on a 2 stage boost controller...One setting for low boost the other for high boost at the flip of a
switch...
3. Add on a multi stage boost controller that adds boost in increments according to rpms and such...

Don't get the mindset that when the boost kicks in that it is an uncontrolable violence...Hell yeah you can feel it but you can control it also...

The type of boost controller that you install would also depend on what your final HP numbers were...Let's say less than 400HP I would not install more than the 2 stage boost controller...Above that and yeah maybe the multi stage controller...

Hope this helps...
evil.gif

Back