Contemplating Selling

It's been on my mind lately as well.

I'd imagine there have been quite a few who have gone that route, this forum site was pretty robust at one time, I wonder how many of the older members are still riding...

I figure motorcycling like many things has it's ebb and tides.

I almost got out of it as well but getting my current bike rejuvenated my desire to ride (thankfully).

I think my problem is that I have too many hobbies. Between fishing, hunting, camping and kids, it’s hard to find the time. I guess I could get a side car for all my gear and just take the bike instead of the truck! Lol
Ive actually sent some of my gear in a car while riding the bike to do some camping and such. Wife doesn't always appreciate it but doesn't mind too much as she knows the bike is my passion even if I'm not the most talented rider. And if it's friends im with they usually enjoy the show when I get tired of just cruising along side. I am a fanatic about riding tho, been trying to find a way out of Michigan for several years now just so I can move back somewhere that I can ride year round unfortunately my oldest is a year from graduating high school so don't wanna be the parent that makes him start over his last year.

I'd imagine there have been quite a few who have gone that route, this forum site was pretty robust at one time, I wonder how many of the older members are still riding...

I figure motorcycling like many things has it's ebb and tides.

I almost got out of it as well but getting my current bike rejuvenated my desire to ride (thankfully).

I feel the same. At 62 years old, I'm as passionate about it as I've ever been. It's easy to see how that will differ with others though. Good luck onward Jbaby1969.

I think my problem is that I have too many hobbies. Between fishing, hunting, camping and kids, it’s hard to find the time. I guess I could get a side car for all my gear and just take the bike instead of the truck! Lol

I was there once, a very busy military career, small kids, a working wife, etc, etc..

I kept my bikes though knowing there would be a time when I would be riding them more. I used them to go to work and any errands which didn't involve kids or anything large....rarely did I ever go pleasure riding.

I eventually got rid of most of the street bikes and slowly replaced them with dirt bikes and quads as the kids got older and wanted to ride. I always kept one street bike though.

I had one of the bikes up to last year when I gave it to my eldest son and his plan is to restore it.

You could long-term store it in preparation for when your time comes to ride more...???

The thought of selling my bike has been on my mind lately. Unfortunately I know the minute I sell it I will regret it. Anyone else been through this before? It’s ten years old and has 2500 miles on it. It deserves to be used and enjoyed. I just don’t have the passion for it anymore.

3beyee.jpg

Reading all the replies does encourage me to just hang on to it. It only costs me $20 a month for insurance and a few bucks a year for the tag. I know if I sell it I won’t be able to get another one for a long time due to finances. Since I can’t seem to figure out why the lights aren’t working perhaps I’ll make it a dedicated track bike? That’s a thought. A few trips to a track per year would probably spark my interest again.

Reading all the replies does encourage me to just hang on to it. It only costs me $20 a month for insurance and a few bucks a year for the tag. I know if I sell it I won’t be able to get another one for a long time due to finances. Since I can’t seem to figure out why the lights aren’t working perhaps I’ll make it a dedicated track bike? That’s a thought. A few trips to a track per year would probably spark my interest again.
Look, re your lights not working, get a multimeter and start tracing through the circuit for continuity using the ohm meter, if you're not confident tp do this, find someone that is a competent auto sparky and they will find the fault quickly and cheaply. It will be something that is relatively easy to find.
I hope you take the advice offered, good luck!

Back