Containers as homes..

Sounds good to me, I called a Sea-Land container home for about a month while doing some work on planet X... With the right holes cut in it for a 5 ton ACU it was pretty damned nice living. Was excellent for keeping creepy crawlies at a distance as well.

I've thought that getting a few of these welded up and buried in the side of a hill would make an excellent shop with decent climate control. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like this idea but I wonder what it actually looks like when completed.

Yeah... Though with some clever skinning or application of concrete I bet they could be made to look either fairly traditional or really cool depending on preference.

They are pretty darn tough and can support a lot of weight so I'd say there's all sort of things they would be good for.

Elena and I want a designer model two levels below ground, one level above..... :oldcool:

Darrell called one of these his office for awhile... (he's gonna kill me for posting that pic!)

Attachments

• darrel5 (Medium).BMP
    2.3 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Lived in half of a modified 40' container for the better part of a year. Nothing like they're doing with them though.

Shop would be nice but without anything to dampen the sound it might be like working in a oil drum. Just try using an angle grinder in there.

Back