Consumer Report about M/T Performance

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
Don't deal with these guys. Honestly. This was a terrible transaction. I thought at first it was great but then Mark didn't want to do any kind of business through email. He wanted to do it all over the phone. I didn't think anything about it until it was too late.

Before anything, I'd like to say that I paid him a large chunk up front and then the rest at the end but he had my parts for a 2 weeks because of a pay error on the military to me's part. I told him what was going on and I thought he understood and didn't mind too much. I found out later that apparently I was breaking his bank because he didn't have it all. Anyways:

Over the phone, he said that I would get EVERYTHING that APE was offering for the 1441-2 kit for less because he would do some of the work in shop and wouldn't charge as much.

I got my parts back and was missing pieces that are pretty important and that APE said they would send with it. Such as the adjustable cam gears and bearings installed, cylinder studs, heavy duty head nuts and the head gasket.

I tried to get ahold of Mark but he kept telling me to call him, call him, call him. This way there would be no written record of what he was supposed to give me. In fact, even after the phone conversations, he told me that none of that was in the original deal BECAUSE it wasn't in the email. Shady.

Well, I moved and just got my stuff unpacked for the bike. After a long bout with a wrist and ankle injury I wanted to put the past behind me and work on my bike.

I was going to build the bottom end today. It turns out that when they (M/T Performance) undercut my transmission, they put the center gear on the input shaft on BACKWARDS!!!! There is a big gear side and a little gear side. You can't put it together with them backwards. NOW I have to take it to someone that can fix it for me before I can continue.

Oh, and the guys at SAE Outlaw hooked me up with the cam sprockets for cheap and even installed them for me for next to nothing. THOSE guys are good guys!

I will NEVER, NEVER deal with Mark or M/T Performance ever again. He is crooked and I hate talking about people like this, I really do, but he is CROOKED!

Sorry it wasn't the jolly, upbeat, "These Guys Rock" speech but hey, I'd rather you not get screwed if you ever deal with someone.

Sincerely,
Me

When I first stopped in at M/T Peformance in Clarksville, TN to ask questions about a dyno tune, I didn't get good vibes from the owner. I just said Thanks for your time and turned around and walked out. What area of TN do you live in? I am 20 minutes from M/T

This is good info. Thanks for sharing. I'm moving to Nashville soon and will be looking for a trustworthy shop for my performance needs. I know now not to go there.

I live in Clovis, NM and did everything over the phone and email Lankee. Lycan, I never talk sh!t on people, seriously. I only speak the truth because I don't want someone lying on or about me. Also, I gave them more than the benefit of a doubt. I gave him Every opportunity to make it right. kvhotdog knows what I'm talking about. This was just a rip off all together and I don't want my brothers and friends on here to get taken. Except RoosterRider... Let him get taken..... JK Froggy!!!

That's really a shame man, I'm sorry to hear about it. Did you call APE to see if they actually shipped them the parts you're missing? Might be worth a shot

I did not get good vibes either from talking to them, but I have no personal experience. A friend of mine who races in the area made positive comments about their tuning...like Yankee I live about 20 minutes from them.

This is good info. Thanks for sharing. I'm moving to Nashville soon and will be looking for a trustworthy shop for my performance needs. I know now not to go there.

Early welcome to Nashville. Jon Bennet (Bennet cycles) is someone here I recommend known him for over 20 years. Only will work on GSXR's. He recommended Dan at Mars Performance for dyno tuning.

Early welcome to Nashville. Jon Bennet (Bennet cycles) is someone here I recommend known him for over 20 years. Only will work on GSXR's. He recommended Dan at Mars Performance for dyno tuning.

Thanks Lankee. I will check him out once I'm settled. And thanks for the welcome as well.

That's why you make these type of purchases on a CC so when they pull some BS you can dispute the charge... ;)

It was on a card. This guy has still yet to contact me back but is pretty quick to talk to anyone new.

Just want to throw in a good word for Justin from Honda East. He is hooking me up with what I need and I really appreciate him helping!

Thanks for letting us know about the problems you had with M/T Performance. Always go through board sponcers whenever possible, they rock!

Reviving a dead thread. I did go through a bunch of our sponsers but thought I could trust folks. Turns out, ya can't. Going to the legal office here on base won't do anything because its a civilian matter. I just hope that karma bites this guy in the ass and he gets what he deserves. I got screwed, it happens...

Man im sorry that this didn't work out for you, but i have used them several times for Tranny work, and they are quick, an do great work.
There must just be some real bad communication in the transaction.

Sorry that happened to you brother. I am real real suspect of letting shops work on my stuff. Bike, car, engines anything. If I can do it myself, I will. Even if I have no idea what I'm doing. I rather fawk something up myself than let a shop fawk it up. Unless, they are recommended by someone I trust. Even then, I always get that person recommending the place to go with me the first time so we are all on the same page/accord.

Hope it all works out for you

Back