Connecting Motion Pro Sync Pro Carb Tuner

65Cobra

Registered
How should someone connect a Motion Pro Sync Pro Carb Tuner to a Busa equipped with a turbo setup? I'd either need to disconnect the four lines that go to the MAP/IAP Sensor or add four Tee fittings in the lines. Thanks.

No, just disconnect all four lines, and replace with the lines to the tuner. I connect #1 to the left-most throttle body, etc.

There are pictures here on the board in various places which will show you how to hook it up.

EDIT: Here ya go. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/28870-synch-throttle-bodies-03-busa.html

Also, as I recall, Icemann had a great set of photos. So did Jinkster but his connection technique was a little different. Just as good though.

--Wag--

Last edited:
if you disconnect the iap sensor it will run horrid trying to get it to idle would be a chore in itself
so you are telling me you synced you TB's with the iap disconnected and had no issues with syncing it?

if it runs then hey thats good to know
i just know every time mine has been disconnected it wouldnt run for long at all

Interesting... whenever I get around to doing this, and that may be a while, I'll sync with the IAP disconnected, then check it again using Tee's and the IAP connected. I'll post here what I think.

I also noticed the comment on using vacuum gauges to sync the throttle bodies. Personally that sounds better to me than using anything with mercury. I assume the end result would be the same so are there any particular vacuum gauges I should use?

on my wife's 05 anyhow, it runs like crap if the vac line is pulled from the sensor, but if you unplug the sensor electrically it puts it in limp mode and it idles quite well.

Interesting... whenever I get around to doing this, and that may be a while, I'll sync with the IAP disconnected, then check it again using Tee's and the IAP connected. I'll post here what I think.

I also noticed the comment on using vacuum gauges to sync the throttle bodies. Personally that sounds better to me than using anything with mercury. I assume the end result would be the same so are there any particular vacuum gauges I should use?
gauges are hit and miss.. .if you can calibrate them, that is a lot better... gravity, liquid and vacuum are much more accurate for "balancing"..

However if you hook all the gauges together, sync them first, then do the TB's, you can do a pretty good job.. (did a 6 pack rig like this so I could sync the carbs on a V12 Jag).. PITA...

they make a unit that does not use mercury.. find it, buy it, be done with it..

Back