Congressman wears a hood on house floor...

BUSAnomics

Registered
Bobby Rush Kicked Off House Floor For Wearing Hoodie - YouTube[/url]

Their was a time in my life as a child watching "Show time at the Apollo" when some of the contestants would sing a gospel song and no matter how horrible the singer would sound he/she was never BOOED off of the stage. Why? Simple, because we fear God. I can understand the proper protocol on house floor but he was reading out of the Bible for crying out loud. Does God's word still matter in these United States? Just a question for the sake of conversation...:whistle: Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
He was kicked out for his hood that he refused to take off. It is against house rules to have a hood or a hat on while in session.

He wasnt reading from the bible at the time the speaker stated to gavel and object.
The house floor is not the place for a discussion about one single case.
For him to stand up and say 'this murder' is also ridiculous and irresponsible of him because the shooter has not even been arrested or charged yet. So how dare he and all the other people keep using that word.
He should have been thrown out!

They let him say what he had to say until he put the hood on. It was right then that you hear the 1st bang of the gavel.

Seems a lot of people are wearing one now...

Hoodies.jpg

Mark Sanford from South Carolina held two pigs under his arms. One named "pork" and the other named "barrel". He dropped them on the floor and let them run around... Was that appropriate or within the the laws of the house? No. Was he kicked out? No. I can go on and on and on about the house laws being boken and no one was kicked out. However, him being kicked out over a hood is not the issue that Im having. I was talking about respect for the BIBLE. You know that thing that preachers preach out of every Sunday in church and tell you to go home, read and live by? Yea, that...:whistle:

Guy was an idiot for going about it the way he did. Deserved to get kicked out. Let the law do their job and stop making this one incident a national deal. This is just getting stupid.

One of the comments below on the youtube video is starting to hit this right saying this is turning into a circus.

i was just unfriended by a long time friend on facebook because i posted the link to the article that the police confirmed as accurate based on forensics, testomony, and witnesses statments that have came forward... that mr zimmerman was on the ground getting his head beat into the ground/sidewalk...with trevor on top of him...before he fired in self defence... this upset them becuase i was attacking them and thier opinions by pointing out that more of the truth and evidence is comeing out and it is NOT what the circus people want because the young man (who did not deserve to die) chose to attack and violently bludgen mr zimmerman who weighed 100 lbs less and felt at that point his life was in danger and defended himself...... wow..now two long time freinds and classmates unfreinded me on facebook because of this......ummm....wow.

Mark Sanford from South Carolina held two pigs under his arms. One named "pork" and the other named "barrel". He dropped them on the floor and let them run around... Was that appropriate or within the the laws of the house? No. Was he kicked out? No. I can go on and on and on about the house laws being boken and no one was kicked out. However, him being kicked out over a hood is not the issue that Im having. I was talking about respect for the BIBLE. You know that thing that preachers preach out of every Sunday in church and tell you to go home, read and live by? Yea, that...:whistle:

They should have kicked out Mark Sanford if there is a rule against that sort of thing. They were right to kick out Bobby Rush because he broke the rules that he agreed upon when he became a congressman.

As for the Bible lesson, not everyone follows the Bible. Would it have been different for you if he were reading from the Quran? Not for me, kick him out for wearing a hood while congress is in session, I don't care if he was reading Harry Potter.

wow...they even unfriended and BLOCKED my wife who never got into the discussion or even made any comments about it.

wow...they even unfriended and BLOCKED my wife who never got into the discussion or even made any comments about it.

I say whatever I feel usually. If someone deletes me or whatever because of it, I dont even keep track. I feel that if they had to remove me for not agreeing with them, I don't need to be associated with them anyway obviously.

They did you and your wife a favor, as they just showed you the depth of their friendship (shallow) and who needs friends like that? Good riddance in my book.

If he's gonna dress like a hoodlum on the House floor, does that mean someone can shoot him? :please:

BUSAnomics said:

Then they should have booted his ass to the curb too! It was not the place for that crap. He wasnt disrespecting the bible, they dropped the hammer on his speech before he even read from it. Were they supposed to just stop and let him finish because he started reading the bible?

Back