Congressman Bob Etheridge assaults college student!

we are all talking about "if he would have grabbed me, i would have ______".

thats cool, maybe he over-reacted.....

But, if some man step to me......and refuses to tell me his name, I would be very hostile towards him.

I am not justifying his actions....simply stating that I have problem with this type of jounalism from either side, and either party.

this stinks of a michael moore type ambush....

While I understand your concern, the students did everything legally. Granted, what they did was perhaps somewhat unmannerly and likely an intentional attempt to get a reaction out of the man....but this does nothing to excuse his behavior.

As for failing to disclose their identities, it's none of his business. Had the Congressman calmy stated "I would be happy to answer your questions if you could tell me your names and intent." There would be two potential outcomes. A) they refuse, and the Congressman says thank you, but I won't be answering your questions. Or B) they give him their name and they have a civil discussion. Yes, B is unlikely for any politician, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Public official on public street, they are free to ask him anything, they don't have to say who they are, the congressman should be used to questions from the public, both parties could have handled the situation better, especially the congressman...

I hae a feeling this would be different if this were a conservative that was ambushed.....

but either way, I do not support his actions.

I am simply saying this does not smell right. when more info comes out i am sure there will be more to it.

i have issues with set-up ambushes like this, from either side of the political spectrum...

He is a tiny little fag :laugh: I can tell by the way he likes to play with boy's??? I realy believe the kid should have beat the living heck out of him. He is realy lucky thats not my son:whistle:

Dont play with little boy's :rulez:

All we can do I hope he gets what he deserves dout he will

You guys need to lighten up. He did hug the boy in the end.:laugh:
He grabbed the boy, ask who he was. For all you know, this guy could have been getting threatening letters for supporting Obama. Then this kid comes along and ask him a question about his support for an Obama policy. The congressman was not right by no means. This kid just asked the wrong question at the wrong time.:whistle:

I've heard that excuse so many times today..."he's having a bad day." That's why we control our tempers. We don't let people get the best of us, because it doesn't end well.

Who am I

Who am I

Im the guy that is going to pop you in the mouth if you dont let go of my arm.

Easy answer the question, " I am a voter thats going to vote your *%%$$# out of office!

See how bad things have gotten out of proportion! He should have been kissing the kids butt not grabing his arm.

He is pathetic! I think the students did the right thing in response to his actions. If your being videotaped by the press or anyone asking a question, do you stop and ask everyone's name before answering questions? I think not. :rulez:

This made the news this moring. He appologized for his actions after a very difficult day.

Yes, but does this make it ok? I've had bad days too, and I don't walk around grabbing people that annoy me, as much as I might like to. :whistle:

As far as why he was so insistant on knowing who these guys were, you guys are missing the obvious. He had to know who he was talking to so he knew which way to answer.

If they were for Obama, "Of course I support him, he is the best president we ever had."

If they are against Obama, "Of course not, he has no expierence in this area and needs better advisors."

Politics is all about telling people what they want to hear, not what you actually believe.

contrary to popular belief....public officials are not accountable to everyone. they are accountable to the people that they represent, those that voted him into office.

he can be a total *******, but if his constituants vote him in there is nothing we can do about it.

sure he broke the law, but this is a misdemeanor assault at best....

Back