Congress passed law restricting bikes to 120mph

mikeyusf

Registered
Congress has just passed a law outlawing all bikes that can exceed 120mph. All existing bikes must be fitted with on-board computer restriction devices, or they cannot be registered or insured.

This is to affect all bikes, including harleys and sport bikes. If your bike does not have this device, the insurance company can choose not to cover you. Also, police will be given legal right to pull you over and demand paperwork that your bike has been retrofitted to the new regulation. The fines can exceed $3,000 and your bike can be impounded. If caught going over 120mph on a motorcycle, you will be arrested on a first degree felony charge, and will face minimum 2 years in prison and lose your license-

Read the story here-

http://www.yahoo.com/motorcycle/new120mphlaw.html

Can you believe this?

april fools :-)

Mike

I was just about to ask you " What planet are you on" not bad though...............

Yeah, in the UK, maybe.
laugh.gif

sugar! My blood is still boiling.

I'm also pissed because I fell for it!

You got me!

Congress has just passed a law outlawing all bikes that can exceed 120mph. All existing bikes must be fitted with on-board computer restriction devices, or they cannot be registered or insured.

This is to affect all bikes, including harleys and sport bikes. If your bike does not have this device, the insurance company can choose not to cover you. Also, police will be given legal right to pull you over and demand paperwork that your bike has been retrofitted to the new regulation. The fines can exceed $3,000 and your bike can be impounded. If caught going over 120mph on a motorcycle, you will be arrested on a first degree felony charge, and will face minimum 2 years in prison and lose your license-

Read the story here-

http://www.yahoo.com/motorcycle/new120mphlaw.html

Can you believe this?

april fools   :-)

Mike
So you do have a sense of humor...but you should have waited till later to spring the joke. Could you imagine everyone replying saying, "Dude, the link doesn't work." Everyone would be all pissed off. You could have started an urban legend.
cool.gif

lol Thinker62 people are a bit punchy around here, I figured I'd let everyone off the hook before I caused a mass panic

LOL

mike

What about a law that disallowed ALL motorvehicles from going over 75 mph(or whatever the speedlimit is). That would actually be a law that made sense ya know. No need for those troopers anymore.

Can't believe i didn't fall for this one... But hey if they ever passed a law like that it be time for me to get a cruiser or a gold wing!!!!

Back