Congress Outta Touch

I disagree with the statement that Federal Employees pay taxes. No Public Employee pays taxes. Not federal, not State, not local employees pay taxes of any kind. The fact is that every dime a public employee receives is tax money someone from the private sector has paid into the system. The money any public employees returns to the system in the form of a tax is simply money that came from the tax coffer where it came from.

It's like dipping a bucket of water from a lake then pouring a little from the bucket back into the lake. Doesn't increase the amount of water in the lake, eh?:dunno:
that is the dumbest thing I have ever read. do you actually read what u write before you post it? apparently not!

no state employee pays taxes? really? thats funny cause in my paycheck each week I see state and federal taxes taken out every week. state employees pay taxes that pave roads, build schools, fund our military, etc…. where do u get this chit from? what do u think public state employees work for free and don't provide a service? so what they are paid with tax money. so is our military and so is every politician or firefighter.

and ur dipping from a bucket of water and pouring it back into the lake makes absolutely no sense at all. so according to you the only people who contribute to our country are those that aren't paid by tax dollars? so our military officers don't contribute to making our country run either huh cause they too are paid with tax dollars. you really sound ignorant!

that is the dumbest thing I have ever read. do you actually read what u write before you post it? apparently not!

no state employee pays taxes? really? thats funny cause in my paycheck each week I see state and federal taxes taken out every week. state employees pay taxes that pave roads, build schools, fund our military, etc…. where do u get this chit from? what do u think public state employees work for free and don't provide a service? so what they are paid with tax money. so is our military and so is every politician or firefighter.

and ur dipping from a bucket of water and pouring it back into the lake makes absolutely no sense at all. so according to you the only people who contribute to our country are those that aren't paid by tax dollars? so our military officers don't contribute to making our country run either huh cause they too are paid with tax dollars. you really sound ignorant!

The difference is that taxes paid out of taxes do not contribute any incremental revenue, it is the same tax dollars recycled. If you sell goods or services, or collect wages, and pay taxes on that money, there is an incremental effect. Giving increasing piles of money to a central power for their "all wise" distribution, and watching them burn it like trash, while accumulating massive debt & at the same time deeming themselves worthy of increasing reach and power will inevitably not end well. We should put that genie back in the bottle and refocus it back to it's original, limited priorities.

I think you are missing the point Brett. Public sector employees are paid with public funds. Those funds are generated thru and only thru taxing private individuals and private companies. The only wealth truly generated in a country is in private enterprise, as the government leaches it's money THRU that private enterprise.

Nobody's knocking the public sector employee - he earns a wage and he's paid for it. It's the SOURCE of his income that is the center of his debate...

i've been ignoring the news and listening to audio books instead so i am woefully uninformed on this. So did the politicians change it so they had to contribute to their healthcare and retirement or just make everyone else do it?

Back