Confession time, tomorrow is the big day!

Has nothing to do with brand loyalty. I actually think the 14 is technically better than the Busa. The price difference comes from market demands. For every 1 14 they sold, they sold about 10 Busas. There is just more demand for one than the other. Not dissing the bike....well except maybe for the cosmetics.

The thing is fugly.:laugh:

RSD.

did i call it or did i call it:) could have had my busa with 1400 miles on it for 7k just saying :)

lmao they are fast i wont deny that but on the fugly meter they are up there

I don't have to look at the ugly parts when I ride it!

Don't worry some say the same thing about Busa's. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

You will have this going for you. You won't have many around you when you go anywhere. So you can stay more low key.

Dude, enjoy that great bike and remember most here are Busa bias!!!!

Agreed ^^^

With that said I'll bet they say/do the same thing over on the ZX14 forum.

Riding is mostly (not totally) but mostly about the feeling you get from riding that you just can't get in a 4 wheel vehicle or a unicycle. :laugh:
And most of us only see a small portion of our bikes while riding - however I'm guilty that when I go by a big reflection or a mirrored window, I look at myself. :watching::laugh:

I like my bike and don't really care what others think so I don't think Kyle will care to much either.
I would like to ride a ZX14 if given the chance just to try it out. I feel the display is much advanced from what a Busa has.

Enjoy that new to you ride and if you can make it to Eureka Springs, or HITH, or VaBusa's meet and greet, I'm pretty sure you would be welcome, at least by me you would. :beerchug:

Yeah, as long as you ride, it's all good :thumbsup:

I started on a Harley, my Dad loved his Harley, my entire family always had Harleys...who am I to judge? Just enjoy riding!!! :D

Those are my thoughts as well. I am the only one in my family that doesn't ride a Harley or a metric cruiser styled after a Harley. I love the Kaw so far, I had a 14 before I had my Gen2 and I really loved it. Stock for stock the ergos of the Kawi fit me much better. It's getting new Pilot Road 4's on Monday so I will have a ride report next week.

Got bored in the garage and whipped up a quick plate mount to get rid of the ugly rear fender. I am picking up some used Two Bros black series slip ons for it this weekend and tires on Monday. After that it's getting a Corbin seat, Corbin rearset relocation brackets and possibly a small set of bar risers. Glad to finally be able to do some two up riding this year. Shield your eyes from the world's ugliest factory exhaust cans ever produced.

Please excuse how filthy the bike is. It was in need of a wash when I picked it up and 3hrs worth of rain on the trailer surely didn't help.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

nice arse :) you are right though the cans really are bad....of course the stock busa cans arent anything to write home about either!

Looks much better with those slip-ons.

Never have figured out why the manufacturers feel their only option is to put ugly cans on as stock equipment.
Maybe they are in bed with the after market makers and get a kickback of some type. That or they just feel
they are helping out the economy - but then that is a waste of material that they ship them with. I wonder if they
should start selling them without an exhaust and lowering the price knowing you will be required to get what ever you like
which is going to be better they what they can come up with.
Yes I still have my stock exhaust on my bike - because they were passable compared to the Gen II's that somehow needed to be huge
and ugly, IMO. Just like the second Gen ZX14's too.

I think a lot of it has to do with carbon emissions and sound requirements constantly becoming more stringent. I know the cans I took off of it were incredibly heavy. I would guess an honest 40-50lbs were shaved off when I put on the two bros cans.

I pulled the wheels off of it tonight, headed to my buddies shop (RPM Powersports) in Omaha to get new Michelin Road 4's mounted up and I'll hopefully be riding it Wednesday.

The dealer that I get some service done on my Busa is a Kawi dealer as well. They had same color scheme as yours, on display. I did not care for the look at first but after several stops for aftermarket parts, service, and a helmet, the Kawi kind of grew on me a bit. A riding buddy got one, 2013 I believe, and he really likes it. I have to say my Busa parked next to his Ninja at a gas station makes her look like the ugly step sister, but still, a cool looking bike. He blows me away on the twisties but that is because he is a way better rider, not my bikes fault. Going on a ride with him and some Gixxer coming up. Think I will offer to switch for a while and see how it handles.

Back