Condor wheel chock ???

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
My Condor wheel chock holds my Busa hostage whenever I use it.  I have 2 Condors that I use for parking the bikes in the garage, one for the Star, the other for the Busa.  I have no problem what-so-ever getting the Star out of its stand but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Busa out.  Whenever I pull back on the bike the stand just slides across the garage floor, even when the wife stands on the stand to keep it from moving I can't get it out of the stand while I'm on the bike, I have to stand behind the bike and pull it off using the grab rail, which is just a bit scary.

Now I haven't heard of anybody else having problems so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.  What pin hole are you guys using?  I believe I'm using the correct one, but the stand just seems to swallow my busa up and won't let it go.  On a positive note, there's no way the bike is ever tipping over while in the stand.
smile.gif

Thanks for any input
Scott

You are not alone. Here are two solutions. a) Attach the stand to the ground with concrete lags or b) Set the plate one hole towards the enter side of the stand. The Busa Hole is the 4th one in. In the 3rd hole it should still hold well but be a little easier to remove. I was told by the Condor guy the 4th hole is the Deep setting and the 3rd is the shallow. Hope this helps ya.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I was thinking I may need to invest in some roids and bulk up some. The Roadstar works great though using the recommended, drives right in, pulls right out.

Bathtub No-slip decals......
smile.gif

Place them on the bottom of your Condor stand! Bye bye problem...

smile.gif

Then I'm assuming you would remove the little rubber covers on the end to use this?  The Condors have a rubber/plastic protective boot on the ends of the arms but it's a very smooth rubber/plastic and just slides right along the garage floor.

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150397583 -->

how_front_end_4.jpg

Same problem here. Was told to reverse the rear catch piece and should have no more problem. I have mine attached to my air table so haven't tried yet. But supposed to do the trick.

I haven't had any problems putting Bessie in or taking her out, but I was wondering if you could post a pic of your chock - I am thinking about the direction of the black wheel track.

smile.gif

Then I'm assuming you would remove the little rubber covers on the end to use this?  The Condors have a rubber/plastic protective boot on the ends of the arms but it's a very smooth rubber/plastic and just slides right along the garage floor.
No sir just built up with 3m tape to the same height.... The weight of the bike should do the rest.

I don't mean to be rude, but how big a boy are you anyway. I ask, because your setup looks great. When Bessie is in the chock, I have to pull the bars up and back with my arms and push back with my legs while sitting on her. Pops out every time. Might be a leverage issue?

I don't mean to be rude, but how big a boy are you anyway.  I ask, because your setup looks great.  When Bessie is in the chock, I have to pull the bars up and back with my arms and push back with my legs while sitting on her.  Pops out every time.  Might be a leverage issue?
I'm sure it is at 5'8" 200# 30 inseam. But it's like I said, the Star rolls in and out just fine, different size tire, so the pins in a different hole, but just figured they should all be the same. I'm going to try moving the pin the next time I pull her out and see what difference if any that makes cause it's a real shame to just leave her in the garage all the time because she's stuck... lol
smile.gif

I don't mean to be rude, but how big a boy are you anyway.  I ask, because your setup looks great.  When Bessie is in the chock, I have to pull the bars up and back with my arms and push back with my legs while sitting on her.  Pops out every time.  Might be a leverage issue?
For my Baxley chock, while sitting on the bike I just pull her part way back...grab the front brake...then pull her the rest of the way out. That same trick might help with the Condor....its expecting alot to yank her out all at once. With the 2-3 step method my chock never even thinks about moving...and my Busa comes out easy...no muss, no fuss.
wink.gif

Back