Condor wheel chock group buy?

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys. We've been helping Condor sell wheel chocks lately and we've moved quite a few of them too. I'm fishing the waters to see how many of you guys might be interested in these if we did a group buy to get a better rate. If we could sell 5 I could probably offer the Pit Stop/Trailer Stop (top photo) for $36 off msrp at $199 and the Trailer Only Chock (bottom photo) for $21 off msrp at $149. Let me know if you're interested and we'll go from there. Thanks and see you guys soon at the gap!

Ian
condorps1500.gif

condorsc2000.gif

I could use another one or two. I love the one I have.

it seems like they could make them cheaper. all except the harbor freight ones seem too expensive. unless the harbor freight ones suck. i just ordered a harbor freight one so I dont know how good they are yet. couldnt pass up the sale for 29.99

it looks like you could make them pretty easy with basic welding skills....which I do not have
bowdown.gif

+1 99Busa,
Im bout to be customizing the new enclosed trailer and from what I read the HarborFreight ones seems to stand up well. Would love to have a CONDOR at some point, but seems the money I save could be better spent on somethin else. Why are they so high?

I have both condor and baxley and the condor is nice since it can be adjusted for other bikes. For sportbikes only the baxley is top-notch. It is a little more the a condor but I like the quality better and they are unique in that it squeezes the tire as it lock in. I'm not bashing condor in anyway but baxley is more secure and if I only had one it would be baxley.

There was a condor/baxley knockoff on ebay that was cheaper a few weeks ago. A couple local guys ordered them and really like them for the money.

I've not used other brands so I can't speak on their quality, but I have 2 Pit-Stops that I use for the Busa and RoadStar in the garage.

They are excellent quality, and I fully trust either of my bikes in them. As a matter of fact, I had to use a less aggressive holding position for the Busa as my short a$$ was unable to pull the bike back out. I highly recommend them and like the versatility of the pit-stop as being able to be used both in the driveway and on a trailer.

Just my .02

I've not used other brands so I can't speak on their quality, but I have 2 Pit-Stops that I use for the Busa and RoadStar in the garage.

They are excellent quality, and I fully trust either of my bikes in them. As a matter of fact, I had to use a less aggressive holding position for the Busa as my short a$$ was unable to pull the bike back out. I highly recommend them and like the versatility of the pit-stop as being able to be used both in the driveway and on a trailer.

Just my .02
I agree with this.

Also, the Condor customer service is great!!

The big price difference between the harbor freight unit and a Baxley/Condor chock is simple. It's no different between a Lockhart stand and a Redline. One is made in China by laborers who are not professionals and the other is made in America by a professional fabricator. The cost in manufacturing difference is huge but you typically get what you pay for. I remember years ago when I was rebuilding the front suspension on my 1967 Nova. I was using a harbor freight spring compressor to compress the coil springs. Well that piece of sh*t tool broke and the spring shot off like a rocket narrowly missing my buddy Jarrod's 4 year old daughter Alexis. I decided then and there I would never purchase a tool from harbor freight again which would result in a catastrophe upon it's failure. It's the old adage that everyone knows but doesn't like to acknowledge; you get what you pay for.

Ian

Just trying to be informative and not trying to ruin a GB but. . .

Org members can get these anytime from motorsportsuperstore who is also a sponsor for the same prices listed with shipping included.

My Condor SC2000 Trailer Chock was $149.76 shipped to my door.

I am also not trying to be a GB thorn but just to throw my 2 cents in for my brothers. my harbor freight one is on sale for 29.99 and 7.99 shipping. (I am a strong believer in buying quality and I havent heard anything neg. about their chokes yet..and I looked)

just an fyi

Just trying to be informative and not trying to ruin a GB but. . .

Org members can get these anytime from motorsportsuperstore who is also a sponsor for the same prices listed with shipping included.

My Condor SC2000 Trailer Chock was $149.76 shipped to my door.
Good lord. I think what we're seeing there is a dealer who buys enough to get distributor pricing and then marks the price down lower than any other dealer can afford to sell for. This is why I make it mandatory for my dealers to sell at msrp or above. If you don't it lowers the value of the product and ultimately seems to hurt the manufacturer.

Ian

I would be in for 1, someone else tried this already, about 30 people said they would be in, and when time came to put the money down, no one seemed to be available!

Please keep us informed!

I am also not trying to be a GB thorn but just to throw my 2 cents in for my brothers. my harbor freight one is on sale for 29.99 and 7.99 shipping. (I am a strong believer in buying quality and I havent heard anything neg. about their chokes yet..and I looked)

just an fyi
work great have one for almost two years.

I picked up the Harbor Freight chock to mount on the work stand I got from them. The overall setup works great and is a large improvement over what the stand came with. One caveat, the chock is not terribly stable with the 21"￾ front wheel of my Harley, e.g., the tire is too skinny to grip well into the front of the chock. This is probably not a problem with the Busa as the tire is wider and should grip better into the "Ëœv' in the front of the chock, but it's something to be aware of. Also, the Harbor Freight chock is not a stand alone unit, meaning it must mount to some surface for lateral stability otherwise the bike could tip pretty easily. You can kinda tell in the photo what I'm referring to"¦ but I didn't originally take that shot to illustrate the chock, sorry.
bowdown.gif

-Jim

Chock__Small_.JPG

Back