Condor vs BikePro chocks

BigGeorge

BigGeorge
Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of chocks for my trailer. I've seen both the Bike Pro and the Condor. Not sure which to buy... although most people seem to lean toward Condor. Any input from experience would be appreciated.

Also, can board sponsors meet or beat $149 shipped for the Condor SC2000?

I also looked at the condor when I was shopping for a chock. I ended up buying a Baxley sport chock from Charles at Street and Track and although they were a little more money, the Baxley is awesome! I don't think you can buy a better quality piece of equipment. The construction, finish, and adjustability are first rate. The pictures on their web sight do not do them justice! The bottom line for me was that it was worth about  $65 more to assure the bike I have invested thousands of dollars in would stay secure in the trailer. If you go that route, don't spend the money on the trailer installation hardware though. They want $30 for that, so I went to home depot and got the bolts, nuts and washers for about 5 bucks. The chock also works great on the floor of your garage, or in the back of a pickup without having to bolt it down. I  recommend the Baxley.

(GSXcite @ Oct. 30 2006,22:32) or in the back of a pickup without kaving to bolt it down. I highly recommend the Baxley.
How does it work in a truck without bolting it down?

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 30 2006,22:flamethrowing:)
(GSXcite @ Oct. 30 2006,22
zzwhip.gif
) or in the back of a pickup without kaving to bolt it down. I highly recommend the Baxley.
Fine until you want to get it out!
wow.gif

No joke it is hard to get it out on the floor if it is not adjusted just right. Someone on here posted about it after the Condor group buy. I found out they were not kidding soon afterward.

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 30 2006,20:flamethrowing:)
zzwhip.gif
) or in the back of a pickup without kaving to bolt it down. I highly recommend the Baxley.
It has four legs with large rubber covers that will not slide. Just place on the floor of the bed, run straps from the back of the bike foreward and out and you are done! no straps needed in the front so no chance of scratching up your plastics. I thought it was priced too high untill I got it. What a great piece of equipment.

(Professor @ Oct. 30 2006,22:37)
(Mr Brown @ Oct. 30 2006,22
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
zzwhip.gif
wow.gif

No joke it is hard to get it out on the floor if it is not adjusted just right. Someone on here posted about it after the Condor group buy. I found out they were not kidding soon afterward.
I'm still lost, dumb it down for me......

(Professor @ Oct. 30 2006,20:37)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
zzwhip.gif
wow.gif

Rick, are you talking about the condor or baxley? I have no trouble with mine even on my garage floor which is very slick.

two people talking about two different products.

the condor does not have the same type of thick "feet" as the baxley.......hence the condor can slide easier.

beerchug.gif

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 30 2006,20:43)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
zzwhip.gif
wow.gif

Mr Brown, I'm not quite sure what professor is talking about. I bought the Baxley because I wanted to use it in the bed of the truck, but no way was I going to drill holes in my new truck bed. With the Baxley you do not have to bolt it down. I have used it in the back of the truck, bolted to the trailer,and on the floor of the garage. Works great, never a problem.

(BusaCruise @ Oct. 30 2006,20:53) two people talking about two different products.

the condor does not have the same type of thick "feet" as the baxley.......hence the condor can slide easier.

beerchug.gif
Thanks Busa Cruise, Thats what I was trying to say. Do you have a Baxley?

hehe ...if you're asking me??? ...yes I have two of them.
wouldn't trade them ....and +1 one getting the hardware for a fixed mount application from the hardware store.

(GSXcite @ Oct. 30 2006,22:56) With the Baxley you do not have to bolt it down. I have used it in the back of the truck,
That's what I'm asking. How does it not slide around in a truck bed if it's not bolted?

(BusaCruise @ Oct. 31 2006,00:02) hehe ...if you're asking me???   ...yes I have two of them.
wouldn't trade them ....and +1 one getting the hardware for a fixed mount application from the hardware store.
Condor?

(BigGeorge @ Oct. 30 2006,21:15)
(BusaCruise @ Oct. 31 2006,00:02) hehe ...if you're asking me???   ...yes I have two of them.
Condor?
Yes, I think Busa Cruise has two Baxleys?

guns.gif
condor

beerchug.gif
Baxley

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 30 2006,22:43)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
zzwhip.gif
wow.gif

I have a Condor. It is fairly adjustable. If you adjust it too tight, it grabs the front wheel so tight you almost can't get it out. Not that big of a deal if it is mounted in a trailer. I couldn't find the post but it was funny. Someone bought one and showed it to his wife. He went to pull it back out and it was stuck. It was just sitting on the garage floor. He pulled and drug the bike AND chock back and forth across the floor. Had the wife stand on it and still couldn't get it out. She thought it was funny but he sure didn't at the time.

Anyhow, soon afterwards I got mine stuck about the same way. I might have it set a bit tight still but I like the way it holds. A few weeks ago I parked the bike in it at the track. Loaded up and drove off... you guessed it without putting a strap on it. After I turned the truck and trailer around across gravel and onto the concrete about 100 yards, I remembered it. Opened the trailer and it was still standing.

Both are good products and either will help stabilize the bike even if it is not bolted down if it is pulled against the front of the bed. You’d be better off bolting it down however. And if it gets stuck and it is not bolted down…… it won’t be funny then but you can laugh about it later.

The Baxley Sport Chock has a large foot print and DOES NOT move around...I have two of
them and have used them in a trailer, truck bed, and on the ground at the track
wink.gif

I hauled my Busa and Thrasherfox's to LA and back in my truck doin' 85+ over the Grapevine
with NO problems
biggrin.gif

Gallery_20Sport_20Chock_20busa.jpg

Baxley all the way, my bike lives on it in the garage. Works fantastic.

Ask GIXERHP about jamming some other brand of chock into his Radiator and why he now also owns a Baxley...

Back