concourse what do you like about it?

What's not to like about the concours?

I had a friend ask me the other day how I liked my concours now the we have had time to bond. My answer was "If it had tits I'd marry it"! :beerchug:

There is so much Gheyness in that last pic, I don't even know where to start :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lov'in my 2011 connie! Gripes - for me the windshield is not ideal - At 5'7'' in lowest position wind hits at about chin level (too high and creates a lot of noise). High position is great for me and blocking out weather, but creates suction like no other bike I've ever had. These are typical windsheild gripes and different for everyone... FOB works flawlessly but why? when you still need a key to open the gas tank. Ignition key can be hard to get out. Most Concours riders carry and use a duplicate key to open gas cap and side bags. It's not quite as fast as my B-King. It does have some disconcerting linked brake issues, but I hardly notice it now. No mechanical issues noted except while riding in the twenties this winter the TPMS low battery came on?!?! TMPS still works fine in warm weather but the TPMS sensors are expensive and will need to be replaced soon. Good solid touring bike - I'm very pleased overall.

Rode 1100 miles this weekend (2 days) from Haymarket, Va. to Richmond, Va. to Va. Beach, to the Eastern Shore of Virginia, on to the Blue Ridge mountains and beyond! I'll let some pictures do the talking!

From mid-span Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel at sunrise - 17 miles long

Mathews Va. Chesapeake Bay Country - tidal creek and marshes

Blue Ridge Parkway near Floyd, Va

Near Mountain Lake Hotel - Blacksburg Va. - Go Hokies

Great pics! This is what I am talking about. I want to start getting out on the open road and get some real mileage in.
Hey kudos to those that can do it on a Busa!
Thanks for the input.

Just took a 2010 concours on a 1800 miler around lake mich and superior. My first official sport tourer bike. That said it blows away the hayabusa in the comfort dept with the adjustable windshield and riding position. I have gen 1 busa. I did use the zx 14 seat on mine instead of the concours seat. Linked brakes do take some getting use to but I had no problems putting the bike into turns. Shaft drive is a god send as far as wet weather goes, rained pretty much all day on first day of trip. Oil and filter change easier then on busa. Used givi trunk instead of hard side bags. Didn't need the additional storage which was huge. Pretty much a zx 14 with much better wind protection and more comfortable ergos. Have throttle meisters on em. Heated grips worked great, didn't need heated gloves at all. Battery fairly easy to get to compared to FJR.

Cruised at 80 mph with rpm a little below 4k. Still haven't figured out how to set the time on the bike, didn't get owners manual / tools with bike.

Problems: Range seemed to be shorter than what I'm use to, 650 with 5 gal tank. Maybe the way I twisted? :whistle:
90% octane recomended, expensive here and especially in canada.
Low fuel indicator renders rest of lcd display useless.

FJR (2013), saw at show and seemed like a great bike. It's a 5 speed though. It does have electronic speed control which is cool and the heated grips. Don't remember if it has a electronic adj windshield. Better for shorter riders.

I'd say the new FJR is a good sport tourer too but it's no (power) match for concourse. Probably has better range than concourse.

Hope this helps.

Great info! Thanks!

What's not to like about the concours?

I had a friend ask me the other day how I liked my concours now the we have had time to bond. My answer was "If it had tits I'd marry it"! :beerchug:

Thanks Turf! Your input is always appreciated.

I don't own one, but I have ridden a friends.

I like the wind protection, with the adjustable windscreen, and love the storage/bags.

Was a little weirded out by the linked brakes. I suppose I would get used to it

Thanks!
Seems like linked brakes is on everyone's mind

Wish we could have talked about this last weekend. I have happy so far with the beemer 1600. You asked for options, but if you are set on on connie, by all means it should do you well.

Definitely the luxury version of sport tourer. Without a doubt BMW puts out a great product. But for that kind of money I could get a concourse AND a gsxr1000 for the track :-D

After doing quite a bit of research I am planning to purchase a 2013 (or newer) FJR1300 with cruise control. I simply prefer the look of the FJR over the other choices and cruise control is a must have for me on a touring bike.

I will look more into the FJR. Thanks

I looked very hard at the FJR, but alas it's got a five speed and the year I was looking didn't have heated grips. Also - I liked the fairing set up on the Connie better. BMW 1600 - just very expensive and no dealer nearby. The '13 FJR has a few upgrade that might have pushed it over the top for me.

Lots of good info in here. I've ridden a Connie on a few occasions, and really enjoyed it. It feels very much like the 14R. I'm hoping they will get the 1441 treatment and cruise control for next year.

I will look more into the FJR. Thanks

I'm biased because I have one but... the Feej is WAY better looking than the Kawi, it has a larger fuel tank, 50 lbs lighter, $300 cheaper and you don't really miss the 6th gear or the 50cc difference. The 2013/Gen III has a bunch of features standard that many other SuperSport Tourers add on as options... If you're really interested in a can't-stop-grinning touring bike, look at the FJR and the Triumph Trophy SE... it seems pricey at first but after you look at all it comes with standard and the engineering that went into it, it's impressive and it has one of the best warranties in the business.

Trophy SE | Triumph Motorcycles

I'm biased because I have one but... the Feej is WAY better looking than the Kawi, it has a larger fuel tank, 50 lbs lighter, $300 cheaper and you don't really miss the 6th gear or the 50cc difference. The 2013/Gen III has a bunch of features standard that many other SuperSport Tourers add on as options... If you're really interested in a can't-stop-grinning touring bike, look at the FJR and the Triumph Trophy SE... it seems pricey at first but after you look at all it comes with standard and the engineering that went into it, it's impressive and it has one of the best warranties in the business.

Trophy SE | Triumph Motorcycles

Lisa both these bikes look great. Really starting to lean toward the FJ :D
Thanks for info.
We missed you at Eureka Springs.
what year FJR do you have?

Lisa both these bikes look great. Really starting to lean toward the FJ :D
Thanks for info.
We missed you at Eureka Springs.
what year FJR do you have?

2007... you can see more of it here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/167152-look-whos-my-house.html

I could tell you that there are some really good deals on used FJRs now but by the time you get it set up like you want it, you would most likely end up spending almost the same amount of $$ on a new one... but new or used, that bike is dang close to bulletproof (ask me how I know...)

I would have liked to see everyone again at ES but my bike trip / touring schedule is full this year. My son and I are leaving for a 10 day adventure next week - heading south to AL to visit some really great people I haven't seen in a while.

That reminds me... I owe BoB a PM or a text or a phone call!!!

Back