Concerned!!!

busachick

Registered
Hey guys!
how are ya all?
I have a slight concern about the<span style='color:deeppink'></span> pipes on my Duc!
is anyone here familiar with Fast By Ferracci?
Someone told me that the carbon FBF pipes have packing issues, meaning that the packing in them is really cheap and will burn up at a RPM ( which is a comfy crusing speed) which means the carbon can will explode leaving me with NO pipe!!
I'm worried. Has anyone else heard of this?
It is an expensive flush down the toilet that I don't want to do!!
Thanks in advance guys!
Busachick

well baffling is really cheap anyways. the inside of your pipe is nothing more that a pipe with holes with cotton candy like stuffing (baffling) wrapped around it. If the baffling flies out, simply take it to a show, order some more baffling, and re-pack it. I think baffling is less than $20 for both pipes.

I saw baffling shoot out of a pipe one time. Across gandy bridge in Tampa, my friend's baffling shot out of his D&D Pipe like a cannon, it was awesome, almost hit my bike!

you'll be fine

Mike

well baffling is really cheap anyways. the inside of your pipe is nothing more that a pipe with holes with cotton candy like stuffing (baffling) wrapped around it. If the baffling flies out, simply take it to a show, order some more baffling, and re-pack it. I think baffling is less than $20 for both pipes.

I saw baffling shoot out of a pipe one time. Across gandy bridge in Tampa, my friend's baffling shot out of his D&D Pipe like a cannon, it was awesome, almost hit my bike!

you'll be fine

Mike
I've found some people use the spongy type steel wool. This resists high heat and works real well. I don't know a whole lot about it, but check into it. If I find out something, I'll PM ya. Good Luck!

Brian

If you have a bad feeling about that brand don't buy it...If the dealer will not back it don't but it...Yeah replacing the baffle is fairly cheap for the material but you could tie up quite a bit of time doing it which equates into more money...Find a pipe that you are comfortable with and go that route...
wink.gif

Hey guys, thanks for the help.
I've always thought that Fast by Ferracci was a good product. It was all over the Ducati superbikes before Termi took over.
I never had a bad feeling till numbnuts told me my pipes are crap to my face?
My dealer backed their product up too. All they deal with are Ducatis.
I'll see how it turns out!
Thanks again.
Mikeyusf,
Do you have any pics of the flying debris?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Busachick

smile.gif

Do you have any pics of the flying debris?
Busachick [/QUOTE]

Yeah that would be cool...But it sounds like it's recorded in his long term memory...
wink.gif

No i dont have any pictures of the baffling that flew out his pipe, it was pretty crazy though. It looked like a towel shot out of his pipe, almost hit my bike! I'm sure it's still sitting on Gandy Bridge in Tampa, but I'm not going to look for it

Mike

I've found some people use the spongy type steel wool.  This resists high heat and works real well.  I don't know a whole lot about it, but check into it.  If I find out something, I'll PM ya.  Good Luck!

Brian
Just make sure that you don't use the type that is pretreated with soap or you will wind up with a really expensive bubble machine in the rain.
laugh.gif

Back