Computer Guys ?need help

HP is pretty cool about making drivers easily available (probably one of the best) :)

talk to Skywalker, he's a computer god
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Randy... It seems my Disc was trashed in the desk somehow..{Darn Kids}
:laugh: I carry my service disks around all the time in regular carriers and they get torn up..

I carry all my software on USB drives now.. 4G drives are pretty reasonable and usually plenty fast enough for OS/service pack loading.. Saves me a lot of time at customer sites digging for disks.. I just label them for the client site and make sure I have it with me on service calls.. Sort of tough to set up initially but has saved me countless hours at client sites trying to find stuff the "put away" for safe keeping :laugh:

:laugh: I carry my service disks around all the time in regular carriers and they get torn up..

I carry all my software on USB drives now.. 4G drives are pretty reasonable and usually plenty fast enough for OS/service pack loading.. Saves me a lot of time at customer sites digging for disks.. I just label them for the client site and make sure I have it with me on service calls.. Sort of tough to set up initially but has saved me countless hours at client sites trying to find stuff the "put away" for safe keeping :laugh:

+1000:thumbsup:
No matter what driver i download, i catagorize it, put it in a folder and then on one of two USB thumb drives i keep with me always. I have drivers from years back to present along with many utilities to fix common and not so common PC issues. Tools of the trade.
Everyday PC users, back up your drivers and save yourself a ton of trouble. Just a friendly tech tip-o-the day! :cheerleader: :laugh:

i thought reliable manufacturers all keep drivers within their technical download pages

Most do....but try to fix a driver issue without internet access. Guys from the old school days of dial up and slow ISDN lines knew to keep their tools with them on floppy or zip drives.

Call me old school! :laugh:

I burn all my drivers on to a disc and date it. Keep all kinds of stuff backed up on disc with dates also. Pics etc... Never know when you might have an hard-drive stop working.

I miss my Floppy! It had the Real Man's power tool sound to it! :laugh:

i thought reliable manufacturers all keep drivers within their technical download pages

yea they do but some of the sites are DEADLY slow....... like 40 minutes to download a 1 meg file... at $90 an hour? customers get a bit antsy...

PLUS you may have to navigate the sites pretty deep.... SOME of these guys are allowing "marketing" to design the sites and it requires you wade through pages of BS to find the "driver/software" pages.. (I remove these companies from my "BUY" list) If you can not provide robust clear cut pages for techies to use? buzz off...

Call me old school! :laugh:

I burn all my drivers on to a disc and date it. Keep all kinds of stuff backed up on disc with dates also. Pics etc... Never know when you might have an hard-drive stop working.

I miss my Floppy! It had the Real Man's power tool sound to it! :laugh:
:rofl: now that is some funny stuff.. :rofl:

how about the zip drive "click of death"

Last edited:
Back