Computer guys/gals I need help!

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
I am trying to switch from using outlook express for my email to outlook where I have all my calendar, task and other stuff I use.

I connot figure out how to get outlook to start receiving my emails instead of express and it is frustrating the hell out of me. What is the secret to the switch over? Just want my express stuff to show up in outlook and start using that instead, is it that hard?

I now I am missing something obvious so please be kind! TIA
smile.gif

I could do it if I were sitting there. I'm going to PM you my phone number so you can call me. I can walk you through it if you'll be my eyes and ears.

You'll need your ISP's login information and your passwords. And no, you don't have to tell ME what they are!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Thanks for the help WAG!
Turns out my version of Outlook Express from Office Pro 2000 doesn't work with hotmail accounts but the newer version does. Kind of funny that Microsofts email program wont recognize it's own email service, way to go MS. Anyway, thanks again for the help at least I don't have to waste anymore time on it.
smile.gif

Sorry we couldn't make it work. Bummer.

Someone else may have a hack for it but I'm not gonna hold my breath!

--Wag--

I dont think Hotmail allows POP3 access to its servers anymore. I used to access my hotmail vie otlook express... but one day it just stopped working. Now im not too sure if its their global policy.. or they have just impleamented it for India.

Back