Computer gurus HELP!!!!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
How and why do I keep sending myself emails?
In other words I keep getting spam emails from myself?
Sender shows as my email address?

It's always for something like 'click here to see how to make $87 a minute!'
Or 'you won't believe you can do this!'

But sender is exact same email address as receiver, mine?

How and why?
And how do I stop this? I thought about blocking my own email address but then I won't be able to forward myself anything, right?

I'm getting like at least ten a day.

I've heard of this before....it's not your email address, it's a "spoof" where someone is basically covering up their email address with your own email...spam it, it won't block or report your own email! It's probably a virus on your comp so run a anti-virus and stay off those late night websites lol I'd probably change your email password just in case someone does have access to your email :thumbsup:

yeah, its a spam mailer trick. if they are not already in your spam folder, make sure you don't open them and display the images, that just confirms for them that your email addy is real/valid

You clicked a link which downloaded malware as sson as you clicked the link(probably to a dead website). It then sucked out your address book, spoofed your email address to send out even more malware. You should check to see if the emails have your ip. If they do than your PC has been taken over and can be used whenever the op wants to use it using a VB prog or a cynthis cloner. "Spyware" won't find it. You will need to check your system 32 files to find it in order to delete it. Normally, it will also add a key-logger to your machine. Do you notice any "lag"? between your first keystroke when going to a new page? If so you could have a key-logger. Don't log onto your bank account lol. You can also look at what processes are running to determine the source IF you can find it.

I stayed at a Holiday INN express so that's how I know this stuff :)

PS: based on your sig, they could be watching you lololo

Back