Complete Modded Engine Package - Who is selling those?

uaeproz

Registered
Hi, this is my first post. Been reading for a while.

I have a sandrail with Hayabusa motor. Please have a look on the pictures: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150305344660347.549033.597235346&type=1&l=a200a1f5fb

This is the manufacturer: Tom Pro Design - Current Models

I have powercommander 3, Oil Cooler, Ron Davis Radiator (2 Row) with Shroud and Fan, H.P.C. Coated Header + custom pipe, Lock-Up Clutch & 30mm Countershaft + Backcut Trans.

I came across few websites that offers engine packages and got interested. I would like to go for upgrade.

I'm thinking to go for upgrade and I'm thinking to buy a modified motor (without touching my motor - I will keep it as a backup).

I want you to know few facts and difference between Hayabusa motorcycle vs the sandrail:
1- Weight maybe 10 times heavier.
2- Load on the engine, it has a paddle tire so 100% traction + weight.
3- Vibration, we ride offroad and do alot of jumps.

I want a motor that is reliable just as mine but with massive HP. What are my options without compromising the reliability? Who is the best vendor to approach and buy the modded motor from?

I'd appreciate positive responses.

Thanks,

Abdulla

There's lots of guys on here. Most sandrail guys run a turbo. Look at the sponsors page

what is massive hp to you?

It really depends your doing with it also.. How much does car weigh?

Where are you located?

If you want big power put a turbo on it..I have a complete custom kit from a Tom Pro car we did..

Scott Horner at Heads Up Performance builds 250-300 hp turbo sand rail engines that will run all day long with the proper cooling package on the rail.
If you want big hp, 400-up then your results will vary but he can build it.

70-100 hp would definitely be turbo or nitrous power. If you want a 250 hp motor only buggie that can be done to but will need maintenance more often. I can build and sell you a turbo motor, and sell you the tom pro car turbo kit I have...

Scott Horner at Heads Up Performance builds 250-300 hp turbo sand rail engines that will run all day long with the proper cooling package on the rail.
If you want big hp, 400-up then your results will vary but he can build it.

Yep known him for decades

I'd rather to stay away from Turbos. I want some HP from the NA motor. I'm in contact with couple of builders as we speak. If you know a decent NA motor builder, please let me know.

Thanks

I can build you anything you want to pay for.. I have engines here to start with.. power depends on $$$, And they stay together too... No blowing up all the time...

Last edited:
Hi Abdulla,

I modified my Hayabusa last summer from standard to RCC stage 2.
Im driving a Sandfever.
If you want to have a look how i made it im regularly in the desert around Sharjah and Dubai.
I have driven now about 400 Miles on this engine without any problems, currently im running 12Psi boost.

have a look at the link on this forum.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/turbo/175968-my-busa-powered-buggy-modification.html

regards

patrick

Nice setup man. I would love to see it.

A proper build and tuned turbo engine is alot more reliable then a highly tuned atmospheric motor.

tuning of Petrol engines is limited, extremely costly compared to the power gain.
turbos are much more reliable for the purpose we are using.
with a proper setup of the turbo you get a very decent power band aswell.

patrick

Back