Competition shoot tomorrow with new pew pew:)

c10

Registered
Picked this up yesterday. Used Browning Buck mark. 5.5 " URX camper model.
After sight in @ a indoor range went to the out door range, and shoot steel very well.
Hoping to maybe actually place tomorrow.
Picked up 3 extra mags.

1565914277049.jpg

DSC_5105.JPG

DSC_5107.JPG

My brother had this guns father...he shot competitively with it for years and years...finally retired it this year. They are a great shooter.

What distance was the target shot from?

My brother had this guns father...he shot competitively with it for years and years...finally retired it this year. They are a great shooter.

What distance was the target shot from?
Chickens are 30 meters , hogs ( pig lets lol ) 50 m , Turkeys 70 , and Rams at 90 ? I think . All steel targets .
Chickens are base ball size , hogs are about 6 " x 8 " . Turkeys , and Rams are the hardest targets due to their weight , and getting them knocked over . Heavy 40 g , 1400 to 1600 fps 22lr needed in the pistols while 36 grain 1200 fps usually gets it done on a rifle

Willie my son ,and I were the only pistol shooters at 75 meters for Turkeys . I did very well , but my speed was always short by a turkey or two . My partner Glenn twice had serious jams that affected nearly a minute of lost time with his rifle . Both Times I managed to get my ten , and a couple of his turkeys . There was a young lady seen in the grey shirt / shorts who was killing them with her rifle . I think she would get all ten in a 25 round mag in a minute or less .
Tristan was using a friends Buckmark in 7.25 " with a red dot . I'm not sure how he performed as we were on different teams .

I go shooting once a year when we go away for thanksgiving. Mainly target though that competition is cool. I tried the plate shooting one year but I just couldn’t get the timing with the rifle. I am a righty but also blind in my right eye so I end up having to shoot lefty. Because of that I tend to favor Handguns.

I go shooting once a year when we go away for thanksgiving. Mainly target though that competition is cool. I tried the plate shooting one year but I just couldn’t get the timing with the rifle. I am a righty but also blind in my right eye so I end up having to shoot lefty. Because of that I tend to favor Handguns.

I’m a right hand left eye shooter. Have you tried that? All you have to do is make the adjustment when aiming. Try it in your living room. Pick a spot across the room and point to it with one finger. Close one eye at a time and adjust your finger to the target. Adjust similarly as you’re looking down the barrel. Voila!

I’m a right hand left eye shooter. Have you tried that? All you have to do is make the adjustment when aiming. Try it in your living room. Pick a spot across the room and point to it with one finger. Close one eye at a time and adjust your finger to the target. Adjust similarly as you’re looking down the barrel. Voila!
Hes in New York . No pistols :( unless your a Police Officer or bad guy . Think Steven runs a shop , and I know hes not a bad guy ;)

Hes in New York . No pistols :( unless your a Police Officer or bad guy . Think Steven runs a shop , and I know hes not a bad guy ;)

You mean no one can own a hand gun in New York state or NYC? Either way, it works with a short gun or a long gun. Defense shooting is point shooting so both eyes are open, quite different from targets. Combat style target shooting really hones your responses under pressure. A former coworker shot in the Governor’s Cup competitions in the late 70s. He would stop drinking coffee a few days before a match to get rid of any caffeine in his system. Gotta stay steady shooting dead on! :)

I tried to pick up competitive shooting but my desire to do that is all used up with all the years of shooting I did.

My older brother has the same competition pistol (Browning) but shoots paper (and does well).

Back