Comp vs Garrett

Quarter_dragga

Registered
I'm still looking at turbos to go with for my build. I've been looking at the Comp and Garrett brands. Gt35r or the equivalent from Comp's CT series. Has anyone used these Comp turbos? Any luck with them and are they worth the $2200 price tag?

their both comparable to each other. comp has an oil less option to mount just about anywhere and has 3 ceramic bearing but both make big power. the GTX series tends to spool a little slower tho. thats from a few buddies who run them on their turbo cars. u can't go wrong with either. the CT4 series wud offer the 3582r

I know Richard at RCC uses both.

Contact Walter Sprout he has a nice turbo for sale with only dyno time on it.

You cannot go wrong with either brand of turbo. However if it's a street bike the comp oil isn't a good choice.

Murderedout07, did you mean the Comp oil less? If not I think I need to call and change my turbo. It is a street/strip bike.

Hey murdered why do you say the oil less turbo isn't good for a street bike? Just curious as this kinda caught my interest when I seen it I've never heard of one.

Hey murdered why do you say the oil less turbo isn't good for a street bike? Just curious as this kinda caught my interest when I seen it I've never heard of one.

It's for the same reason we don't run coolant through regular turbos on our bikes. The cooling system can't keep up with the extra heat. Oil less turbos need to have coolant run through them.

Back