Common problems

davidlim76

Registered
Hi all,

Need some information pertaining to the 2001 & 2002 model hayabusa.
Heard there was some problems to the starter clutch for the above busa's?
How true is this speculation as i'm about to acquire a hayabusa that is 2002 model with only 1.5k miles clocked so far.
Awaiting for your favorable replies.

Best regards,
David

race.gif

Hey check the search on this issue. The 02's have a common transmission problem. The bike will jerk/launch when hard accelatoring from 1st to 2nd. I have the problem. A sore subject with me and suzuki, but I still ride hard. I feel it and it reminds me to shift. Hope this helps!

Starter kickback COULD be a problem..... Several fixes available.
Clutch can chatter under a hard launch! Several fixes available for this as well.

Welcome to the oRg......
beerchug.gif

From what I've read in the past, the kick back was a problem on '02 models onwards. Caused by leaving the battery run down. Do a search.

It wasn't a problem on '01 models. Check whether this bike is actually a '01 with an '02 plate or a real '02. Might save you some worry. I have an '01 ('02 plate) and checked it out a long time ago because it was worrying me.

2000 (GSX1300R-Y):
- Crankcase breather arrangement changed - no oil catch tank + larger breather housing; resulting in a smaller oil capacity.
-Clutch spring length + spring support bolt length increased.
- Fuel feed + return hoses changed + re-routed. Design of fuel level sensor + low level warning switch changed.
- subframe changed from aluminum to steel

2001 (GSX1300R-K1):
- Cam chain tensioner design changed along with its housing to allow reception of oil from the front passage in the crankcase.
- Fuel pump moved inside the tank, incorporating the fuel filter and pressure regulator as well as a mesh strainer and a new fuel level sensor and low level warning switch. Having the pressure regulator inside the tank eliminated the need of the fuel return hose from the delivery rail on the throttle bodies, with the consequence being that the supply hose and fuel delivery rail arrangement was changed.

2002 (GSX1300R-K2):
- Clutch plate arrangement modified to incorporate an anti-rattle spring and spring seat. Clutch release cylinder piston and bore were reduced in diameter.
- Exhaust system incorporates an oxygen sensor which communicated with the ECM to reduce emission levels. To do this, the PAIR system control valve is triggered by a solenoid that is controlled by the ECM.

2003 (GSX1300R-K3):
- Incorporated a torque limiter on the motor idle/reduction gear train to dampen initial torque and reduce stress on individual components.

cheers
ken

2000 (GSX1300R-Y):
- Crankcase breather arrangement changed - no oil catch tank + larger breather housing; resulting in a smaller oil capacity.
- Fuel feed + return hoses changed + re-routed. Design of fuel level sensor + low level warning switch changed.

2001 (GSX1300R-K1):
- Cam chain tensioner design changed along with its housing to allow reception of oil from the front passage in the crankcase.
- Fuel pump moved inside the tank, incorporating the fuel filter and pressure regulator as well as a mesh strainer and a new fuel level sensor and low level warning switch.  Having the pressure regulator inside the tank eliminated the need of the fuel return hose from the delivery rail on the throttle bodies, with the consequence being that the supply hose and fuel delivery rail arrangement was changed.

2002 (GSX1300R-K2):
- Clutch plate arrangement modified to incorporate an anti-rattle spring and spring seat. Clutch release cylinder piston and bore were reduced in diameter.
- Exhaust system incorporates an oxygen sensor which communicated with the ECM to reduce emission levels.  To do this, the PAIR system control valve is triggered by a solenoid that is controlled by the ECM.

2003 (GSX1300R-K3):
- Incorporated a torque limiter on the motor idle/reduction gear train to dampen initial torque and reduce stress on individual components.

cheers
ken
Thank you guys, for the information that you've provided. This means that there's one more hayabusa owner in this forum. Long live the peregrine falcon.................

Starter kickback COULD be a problem..... Several fixes available.
Clutch can chatter under a hard launch! Several fixes available for this as well.

Welcome to the oRg......  
beerchug.gif
And be sure you have the cam chain tensioner recall handled...failing tensioners can and have destroyed early motors  
winkold.gif
And suzi recalled the aluminum sub frames because of potential cracking under load, although if you never carry passengers or luggage you should prolly be okay I'd think?
On a side note...you seem really really really happy to be getting your busa
wowold.gif
......congrats
thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

2000 (GSX1300R-Y):

2001 (GSX1300R-K1):
- Fuel pump moved inside the tank, incorporating the fuel filter and pressure regulator as well as a mesh strainer and a new fuel level sensor and low level warning switch.  Having the pressure regulator inside the tank eliminated the need of the fuel return hose from the delivery rail on the throttle bodies, with the consequence being that the supply hose and fuel delivery rail arrangement was changed.

2002 (GSX1300R-K2):
- Exhaust system incorporates an oxygen sensor which communicated with the ECM to reduce emission levels.  To do this, the PAIR system control valve is triggered by a solenoid that is controlled by the ECM.

2003 (GSX1300R-K3):

cheers
ken
Thank you guys, for the information that you've provided. This means that there's one more hayabusa owner in this forum. Long live the peregrine falcon.................
Here let me help
winkold.gif

subframes changed in 01...99-00 had aluminuim

guages changed in 01 also for 220 to 186

added parts to the clutch in 02 as stated....never heard of a problem and same clutch 02-07.

changed starter clutch assembly in 03

trans are the same throughout the years and interchangable so is pretty much every part of the motor from 99-07.

there were actually MANY changes....they were just hard to notice.

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
Thanks so much fella's, really appreciate the information given. Well already am a proud owner of the hayabusa now, still finding ways to communicate with IT........  Oh and sorry for the late reply. Best regards, fellas.
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

The most common problem with the '02 is the INSANE jealousy of all the other Busa owners cuz the the '02's were the fastest year and the BEST colors.
thumb_up.gif

Thank You Come Again!!!!

The most common problem with the '02 is the INSANE jealousy of all the other Busa owners cuz the the '02's were the fastest year and the BEST colors.
thumb_up.gif

Thank You Come Again!!!!
in reality, 02 marked the begininnig years of the slowest busas to date since the limiter was moved from 186 to 182 (info gathered from Cycle world) supposedly.

Back