Common Problems?

Busas are great. I have owned busas since 2000,NO major problems,only front wheel bearings ,just look after it and it will look after you.
I do not stunt on my bike,but have performed lots of stunts unintentionally,the bike has a mind of its own at times.

Sithor, you came here looking for some advice, some of wich, as with any forum, may not be what you want to hear. RSD has been around here for a long time and has seen this before, as have most of us. The plain and simple truth is...a 175+ hp, 500+ lb bike is not a good stunter. Will it do it, yes. Can you personally do it? Probably. Should you? I think I would get another SV, which is also a great bike, and stunt away.

RSD may come off a little rough sometimes (sorry rsd)but, his advice is always valuable and comes from experience.

Where is Rubbah when we need him?
tounge.gif

I'm like RSD....if you are going to stunt, buy yourself a stunt bike ok. May I suggest a Honda 900rr, a F4I, or maybe even a SV 650. I hear they all make good stunt bikes.
That Busa is going to kick your ass bro!!!! That much hp and that lack of common sense spells disaster!
Please post up pics and/or a video, I'm sure we would all be amused by it.
GOod Luck and do remember to atleast wear a helmet.
I'm sure the video will be a hit in the Accident/Crash forum.
Maybe he'll be this lucky.

Hey Sithor, whatzzz up. The busa will do all the wheelies you want it to if you get a good sprocket set up, I recommend a 17/43 combination myself. It is a great bike man, and for a guy your size your going to love it. Screw the Stoppies, save that for a smaller bike, if ya know what I mean. Later

Sithor, you came here looking for some advice, some of wich, as with any forum, may not be what you want to hear. RSD has been around here for a long time and has seen this before, as have most of us. The plain and simple truth is...a 175+ hp, 500+ lb bike is not a good stunter. Will it do it, yes. Can you personally do it? Probably. Should you? I think I would get another SV, which is also a great bike, and stunt away.

RSD may come off a little rough sometimes (sorry rsd)but, his advice is always valuable and comes from experience.
You should get a blue/silver not the limited. When you crash, try to land on the left side. I need a right lower fairing
tounge.gif

Seriously, these guys can be pretty tough, huh.

Just posting on here to remind everyone that I have had my Busa now for almost 4 months and 4,000 miles. Never laid down yet.

Hey Sithor, whatzzz up.  The busa will do all the wheelies you want it to if you get a good sprocket set up, I recommend a 17/43 combination myself.  It is a great bike man, and for a guy your size your going to love it.  Screw the Stoppies, save that for a smaller bike, if ya know what I mean.  Later
+1

Sithor
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a completely stock '04 LE with almost 8,000 miles for sale, except for the notches on the hump for the grab handle to fit. I'm looking to get $7,800 for it, however input on the selling price is welcome. Thanks guys.

By the way, it needs a new rear tire soon.

tounge.gif

I bought a 2005 Busa - Red/Black - it has a common 5th-6th gear shifting problem. Other than that I love the bike. There is another problem with the Busa - a certain phrase I've heard: "license and registration, please"

guys my busa is to be recieved on saturday.....im not happy reading about the overheating problems at all... u guys were talking bout antifreeze, something which ill never use in the middle east, my route dosnt involve heavy trafffic and im constantly on the move

i must say it would be sick if the bike boils up on me on the way home:(

i opened a thread "not happy reading busa problems" but people had few complaints there..yet in other threads i read of busas not making it home from the dealership due to overheating probs

very worried
sad.gif

guys my busa is to be recieved on saturday.....im not happy reading about the overheating problems at all... u guys were talking bout antifreeze, something which ill never use in the middle east, my route dosnt involve heavy trafffic and im constantly on the move

i opened a thread "not happy reading busa problems" but people had few complaints there..yet in other threads i read of busas not making it home from the dealership due to overheating probs

very worried
sad.gif
repsolz ,Dude this thread is a few months old so I dont know how many hits your going to get.

very worried
sad.gif
repsolz ,Dude this thread is a few months old so I dont know how many hits your going to get.
ill just wait n see how my ride home goes...i know ill be looking at the temp gauge all the way...

but if i reach homw with a big grin on my face youll surely see some pics/vidz of my ride home

guys my busa is to be recieved on saturday.....im not happy reading about the overheating problems at all... u guys were talking bout antifreeze, something which ill never use in the middle east,
yes you will...anti-freeze and coolant are one in the same. Its a 50/50 mix of coolant/anti freeze mixed with distilled or de-ionized water that keeps engines from boiling over, and also keeps the liquid from freezing.

you'll be fine dude...sure there's the odd post about busa problems, but there's also 10,000 posts about great rides, good machine....etc.

you love yer new ride, and if you have any probs...we got yer back.

RSD.

guys my busa is to be recieved on saturday.....im not happy reading about the overheating problems at all... u guys were talking bout antifreeze, something which ill never use in the middle east,
yes you will...anti-freeze and coolant are one in the same. Its a 50/50 mix of coolant/anti freeze mixed with distilled or de-ionized water that keeps engines from boiling over, and also keeps the liquid from freezing.

you'll be fine dude...sure there's the odd post about busa problems, but there's also 10,000 posts about great rides, good machine....etc.

you love yer new ride, and if you have any probs...we got yer back.

RSD.
thanx man, guess im worryin too much...oh so coolant and antifreez r the same? hehehe sorry bout that but in the middle east the word "freeze" would be the last thing on your mind :p

hmmmm cant wait till saturday.....im a daily rider and ive sold my 1000rr 4 days ago...cant wait to get my hands on her
smile.gif

Purchased my 09 Charcoal/Silver in Jan 10, over 14000 miles, matter of fact I need to take in for it's 12000 mile checks, to busy riding, it is now Jun 11, I ride to work everyday all types of weather good and bad. I haven't had any issues.

Had to take it in for a recall, (Rectifier Assembly). Guess it has something to do with overheating or shutting off, not sure, because I never had any issues. Just took it in for free work.

Been through 3 rear tires and 2 front, love this machine man.

The only issues I have is trying to find a good shop for mods, and shop hands to do the work you ask, and not what they assume without asking.

I'm in my 40's, so my stunting days are over, There's an old military saying, (Do what your rank can handle) but you do what your pockets and a$$ can handle, and I hope they are deep pockets, and you grow your own skin on the side, because you may just need it. You can shed some weight with mods, but it'll still be heavier than the smaller bikes.

Now for the occasional street race, highway of course, because I'm on it most of the time for commuting and work, the power, THE POWER, I'm not a pilot, but it has to be equivalent to the rush of being catapulted off a flight deck at about 1000 MPH.

I thought about purching another cruiser, but aside from the luxuries of having saddle bags, the BUS does it all and some, plus I'm usually where I need to be a lil faster anyway.

Do you think he even has the bike anymore that was like 5 years ago!! I'm sure all these years later he's still waiting on some advice as to whether he should stunt a busa ;-)

Purchased my 09 Charcoal/Silver in Jan 10, over 14000 miles, matter of fact I need to take in for it's 12000 mile checks, to busy riding, it is now Jun 11, I ride to work everyday all types of weather good and bad. I haven't had any issues.

Had to take it in for a recall, (Rectifier Assembly). Guess it has something to do with overheating or shutting off, not sure, because I never had any issues. Just took it in for free work.

Been through 3 rear tires and 2 front, love this machine man.

The only issues I have is trying to find a good shop for mods, and shop hands to do the work you ask, and not what they assume without asking.

I'm in my 40's, so my stunting days are over, There's an old military saying, (Do what your rank can handle) but you do what your pockets and a$$ can handle, and I hope they are deep pockets, and you grow your own skin on the side, because you may just need it. You can shed some weight with mods, but it'll still be heavier than the smaller bikes.

Now for the occasional street race, highway of course, because I'm on it most of the time for commuting and work, the power, THE POWER, I'm not a pilot, but it has to be equivalent to the rush of being catapulted off a flight deck at about 1000 MPH.

I thought about purching another cruiser, but aside from the luxuries of having saddle bags, the BUS does it all and some, plus I'm usually where I need to be a lil faster anyway.

When this started there was no such thing as a Gen 2 :laugh:

old_thread.jpg

Back