Comments needed.

wizeguy

Registered
I am going to put some pipes on my 05 LE but I cannot decide if I want bolt-ons or if I want to drop the cheese and get a full system and PC. I had Yoshi RS-3 bolt-ons on my last Busa and I loved the way they sounded. I guess what I am asking is, how much of a difference does a full system make compared to bolt-ons. Most of my riding is done under 7k and I would be looking for more low end grunt if I was to go all out. How about you guys that have had both bolt-ons and full exhaust....can you help a fellow out here?

If your just want the sound go with slip-ons, they cost less and dont require a pc. If you want more power go for the full system. You also have to ask yourself if you want to drop around $1000 for a full system and pc. Hope this helps.
wink.gif

Full system with PC3 and a custom map should increase 10 - 17 HP on your bike!!

...I would suggest you go for a full system with a PC3!!!
biggrin.gif

you don't have to have the PCIII... full systems will work fine (maybe not quite as much HP gain.. but it's not like you have to buy them both at the same time)

just remove the pair crap, make your own block off plates.. stick a marble, or bolt/hoseclamp in the two hoses for the pair crap and your off and running.

main reason to get a 4/1 instead of big $$$ slip ons?
rock.gif
??

WEIGHT SAVINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make your bike handle better
drooling3.gif

Many 4-1 systems are priced right there with a pair of bolt ons. You are only paying for one can with a 4-1. Even after changing a few sytems for friends and changing mine twice, it is still amazing how heavy the stock system is. It's a lot more work to swap out the entire system, but IMHO it is really worth the extra effort.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120359485 -->

If you go 4-1 make sure you allow $35 for one of those coolio aluminum plugs that fills the hole in the right exhaust hanger that the unneeded can left behind.

Full system with a PC and custom map
wink.gif

More power
Sounds great
Saves weight

if you waited half as long as i did for the le ? go with bolt ons do the full system this winter , though you are a lot further south than me im sure you run out of good weather down there , i want to go full system this winter but there are alot of other things i want to do at the same time , engine ice, muzzy fan, pair block off , pcIII ,i dont know am i missing anything else that should be done when im in there ? fairing screens , send some parts out for powder coating ! ect , ect , ect !

tobins_10.jpg

Back