Coming soon from Sena!!!!

awesome. thanx for the update. been lookn at one of them lately and now I think im gonna pull the trigger

Wow they are really stepping up and dominating. Music sharing is pretty awesome but to link to any Bluetooth headset would be amazing.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is itching for a bike related project this winter. I know you can now purchase a Sena baseplate that accomodates both speakers and headphones, but after seeing one I thought the connections were a bit flimsy. A 5 pin stereo jack that cost $2 at radio shack and half an hour with a soldering iron and I ended up with this. I came across a writeup of this being done to the SMH5 headset as well.
This is a pretty straight forward writeup that I followed and covers pretty much everything but the wiring diagram for the the 5 pin stereo jack
Sena SMH10

Plan the wiring carefully as you have to shoehorn the jack into the baseplate if that's the route you choose. I soldered the 3 wires coming from the board to the jack facing up into the baseplate and folded them back down onto the jack. Once wired the speakers work like normal and the jack diverts the signal to headphones when plugged in. It was fun to do and saved me about $60 off the price of the dual baseplate here in Ontario.

Also this was for my gf's helmet. I already purchased an earbud baseplate for mine, so scavenged the speakers from my original baseplate and cut off the stereo jack end of the extension cable that comes with the kit. Now the speakers just plug in where the earplugs normally do. Hope this helps someone.

IMG_20140202_121847.jpg

Can you elaborate on what you actually did there? Why cut it all up when you can buy a $25 mounting plate and have a waterproof headphone connection?

:dunno:

Sorry for the minimal and poor quality pics. All I did was add a headphone jack to the standard speaker baseplate. I put it in the bottom for two reasons: 1 - my thinking was that that spot would be best for inclement weather and 2- it wouldn't fit anywhere else lol. In the link the poster drilled a hole in his helmet to mount it, and I didn't want to do that. Doing it this way my total investment was $2.

What do you mean by a mounting plate?

Back