Comfortable Rear Sets Gen 1

nectrplnt

Registered
Im a taller guy that rides an 06 busa and I need more leg room. Anyone got any suggestions for aftermarket rear sets that can adjust down and forward a few inches?

Slightly uncomfortable rider.

Thanks for the help, unfortunately that group buy has gone sour. Looks like there are zero companies that make an aftermarket rear set that allows more comfort "down and forward". I might have to buy a set and modify it. I'll post pics when I finish.

Thanks for the help, unfortunately that group buy has gone sour. Looks like there are zero companies that make an aftermarket rear set that allows more comfort "down and forward". I might have to buy a set and modify it. I'll post pics when I finish.

The modded Buell pegs from Joe Satterwhite help a bunch if you decide not to go the rear set route.:thumbsup:

yea man, the buell pegs are the way to go. a couple of my taller buddies (i'm 6'2", they're 6'4" and 6'5") tested the pegs out, they're super comfy for all of us

yea man, the buell pegs are the way to go. a couple of my taller buddies (i'm 6'2", they're 6'4" and 6'5") tested the pegs out, they're super comfy for all of us

6' 2" here also and even with a New Image seat which puts me lower i'm still comfortable.:thumbsup:

Either the Buell pegs or go with Vortex rear sets. I had a set of vortex rear sets on my first gen. Definetly made the ride more comfortable as it has many adjustments. By the way I am 6'4 in height.

Pics cause we love them.

vor6.jpg

vor7.jpg

vor8.jpg

doesent look like it goes anymore forward and down than stock. Im gonna try the buell mod and see how that works. Its a quick cheap fix. hopefully it does the trick. If not ill go with the vortex.

slightly uncomfortable rider. :please::please::please:

Which length did you get ken? Those look very nice but pricey...

I don't use them as I have a pair of CycleCat rearsets. Having seen this question posted several times before I knew that Twisted throttle offered a slick peg lowering option.

I doubt the OP will be satisfied with Vortex as he's looking for more leg room not less. It seem to be a recent misconception that rearsets are for comfort and not increased ground clearance in a road racing application.

Cyclecat offered adjustment forward and down as well as up and back unfortunately they are out of business.

cheers
ken

I don't use them as I have a pair of CycleCat rearsets. Having seen this question posted several times before I knew that Twisted throttle offered a slick peg lowering option.

I doubt the OP will be satisfied with Vortex as he's looking for more leg room not less. It seem to be a recent misconception that rearsets are for comfort and not increased ground clearance in a road racing application.

Cyclecat offered adjustment forward and down as well as up and back unfortunately they are out of business.

cheers
ken

Vortex actually has a decent amount of adjustments that made the ride much more comfortable then stock. The peg sat lower then the stock pegs postion.

Back