Comfort question

Stolimartini

Registered
I have been riding a 2006 GSXR 750 for the past few months and also have a Harley touring bike. I'm riding the 750 about 80% of the time and love it, but find I can only ride it for an hour before my neck, hands, rear end etc. start to give way. For those of you that have ridden "race replicas", how much more comfortable is the Busa. If I get enough positive answers, I'm trading up! In fact if the Busa is as comfortable as the sales guy says it is, I may get rid of the HD. Thanks for your advice.

I use my 2003 Hayabusa as a sport touring bike with Tour Master soft sided luggage.

Stock bars, stock seat, no problems

Kent

mine is great
definitely get a tobin seat.
if bars seem uncomrtable to you after a while they make risers - ck w/ site sponsors

also ck w/ GPW he has got a vibration reducing kit avail for bars & tank

I came off of a ZX6R so I could have some comfort and sport riding at the same time. Oh yea, power too. The Busa is a great bike for sport / touring of any others out there in my opinion. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

HPIM0319-1.jpg

I had a Tobin seat and sold it - the stock was more comfortable on trips for me.

The Tobin seat was lower which put my knees up higher meaning less leg room

I like the stock seat better

Kent

(Stolimartini @ Sep. 23 2006,18:13) I have been riding a 2006 GSXR 750 for the past few months and also have a Harley touring bike. I'm riding the 750 about 80% of the time and love it, but find I can only ride it for an hour before my neck, hands, rear end etc. start to give way. For those of you that have ridden "race replicas", how much more comfortable is the Busa. If I get enough positive answers, I'm trading up! In fact if the Busa is as comfortable as the sales guy says it is, I may get rid of the HD. Thanks for your advice.
I've ridden both
the Busa is way more comfortable
but not as fun as the 750
not w/o some modifications anyway
now mine is almost as aggressive position as the 750

honestly I would trade the Harley before the 750!!!!!!
I'll go that route for the 2nd time, once the Busa is finished

i always use my busa for the long hauls very comfy i ride a k6 to and its murder after a few hours your dealer is telling you the truth as far as comfort i would off the harley before the 750 to

I have a 1K (which isn't too far off in ergos like the 600/750). The Busa felt more like you're sitting "inside" of it as opposed to "on top" of it. Very plush, stable ride.

I'm more of a track dude so the 1K handles much better for me in that arena anyways. I've used the 1K for a couple of 200 mile rides and haven't had problems with my back and wrists. I grip the gas tank tighter with my legs. This allows me to grip the bars less and relieving pressure on my hands and wrist. I also tuck and rest my forearms on my knees or gas tank (track is different tuck of course, I just straight up tuck as low as I can under the windscreen on straights and rest the bottom of my helmet on the gas tank). That takes some pressure off of my back.

I agree on the trading/selling the Harley before the 750. The Busa is comfy yet sporty enough that it will be your new "harley."

I take it your used to riding cruiser style. When riding a sport bike practice supporting your upper body weight with your abbs. This will releive pressure on your hands, shoulders & neck.

As far as butt problems try moving in the saddle every few minutes. Move a litte forward for awhile then shift your butt over to one side a little then the other side. If your riding in traffic when at a stop light neutral the bike & stand up. It also helps to move your feet on the pegs. Use the ball of your foot for a few then back to normal then use your heels for a few.

As far as Busa comfort as stock I think its rather good however every bike I have ever owned I make adjustments or changes to the seat, bars & pegs to suit my style & comfort level. Have done it to the Busa to.

IMHO you should sell the 750 cheap to one of us so we can make a track bike out of it. :~) Just kidding. Keep the Harley so you can take your SO for ride now & then & get a battery maintainer for it. Once you get a Busa you'll have to force yourself to ride a cruiser.

I moved from the FLHTCUI to the Busa. I use the Nelson-Rigg Classic soft saddlebags and top bag. I actually have MORE room in the saddlebags (about 3-4" wider) and AS MUCH in the top bag. Plus, I like those three compartments on the top bag.

The Busa gives me the same range per tank - just 30 mph faster!

For comfort I went HeliBars, Buell pegs and the factory gel seat - very comfy for a guy 6'1"/250 with a 35" sleeve.

But the BEST part of the whole deal is that I get to hang out here!

super.gif

Trade up, I ride Ducs, and was touring on my Suz TL1000R for a while. No question, trade up to the Busa and you'll never look
SHOCKED.gif
 back in the comfort department , it's like night and day. Infact the Busa is as comfortable as my old Duc ST4s after heilbars and TLR pegs
rant.gif

Back