Comfort on the Busa for Tall Riders?

G

I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs......

I'm looking for a big bore sport tour bike (emphasis on the sport)....I tried the CBR1100xx and found it to have high pegs for someone as long-legged as myself....

My other two choices come down to the Busa or the future ZX12.....A few questions for the Busa guys out there...

1. Any good detachable bags for the Busa..like Givi?

2. Any Heli bars for the Busa?

3. Most importantly, how comfortable is the Busa for other tall riders....and trust me...the difference in comfort level on the same bike from 6'1" to 6'4" is significant....

Thanks

Scott
I am also 6'4 and after getting used to the riding position I feel comfortable on the Busa. I have the Gen mar riser and I am waiting for the Heli bars to come out. I changed my pegs to ones without the rubber and picked up some legroom without losing any ground clearance. If you do a search on the site here you can find alot of places for accesories including bags.

Steve

I'm nearly 6'4" (6'3.5") and about 188 pounds (without full leathers) and have put over 4000 miles on my Busa since June 11th including a 400 mile ride and a 600 mile ride. The Busa seems to do well for me. Knees start getting a little stiff after about 300 miles unless you stop and stretch once in a while. Bars don't seem to cause me any problems - perhaps due to long reach?

I'm 6'5", 210lbs.
I sold my XX and bought a Busa.
The Busa puts more weight on my wrist,
but it handles much better. I installed a
throttlemeister to make long trips more
tollerable.
My tank and saddle bags work very well.

Joe

Givi has a three bag hard set coming soon.
Corbin makes a nice seat.Lockhart is making a taller wind screen.Gen-Mar has handle bar risers.Yes, I`m getting them all.

I'm 6'1", 220 and find no problems with the Busa's ride. I've heard some guys don't like the seat and replace it with the new Corbin saddle.

I'm 6'4" 220 lbs and feel very comfortable on my 'Busa. The pegs do feel a little high at first but its not a problem and contributes to the bikes handling. I wouldnt want 'em any lower because I scrape my toes now. I've been on a couple of 300mi rides and felt comfortable after 4 hours. I couldn't ride my FZR1000 for more than 45 minutes at a time. My 2 cents: do it, you won't be disappointed.

Scott, I know where there's a new copper one. If interested, its at D&L Suzuki in Austin, TX.. Some guy had ordered and then couldn't get the cash together. And, I'm 6'5", 253lbs. and the Busa fits me just fine.

Thanks for the input.....Kinda pissed they're discontinuing the Copper color combo though! That's the color I was leaning towards!

Back