colorrite paint-terrible!

diesel

Registered
Finally got the paint to touch up my 2004 se red busa from colorrite. They sent me a white base coat and red topcoat. Well when it was applied correctly, it goes on pink. Also the red topcoat has a blue pearl tint to it. Not even close. My friend is a pro painter for years and he knows what he's doing. Colorrite told me we did it wrong and basically said "oh well". I was polite on the phone and the guy there was rude as hell. I guess I'm out the$300+ for 2 quarts of paint, but I hope they lose far more than that from me posting this everywhere.

OK AND THE PROBLEM WITH A PINK BUSA IS
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? HA HA
THAT IS SOME SHI#$Y LUCK DUDE. IVE HEARD OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR FEMININE SIDE BUT IM NOT EVEN SURE I COULD SPORT AROUND IN A PINK BUSA, AT LEAST NOT WITH OUT A MATCHING BOA AND SOME F$%# ME PUMPS... THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE COLORITE PEOPLE... SEE AY

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Well it wouldn't be so bad , but I have not one set of heels that would go with it!....check out my new paint under "new paint pics-need sunglasses" in the general forum.

This is the inherent problem with a pearl paint job, as well as candy coating. A good analogy for this is like getting a drink like a long island iced tea from one bartender and then asking another bartender at another bar for the same exact drink. They use the same ingredients, etc., but so many variables like brand of juice, liquor, precise amount of each ingredients in the drink can mean the difference between having one drink be delicious and the other being BAD!! Paint is funny..batches of paint can be different from one another depending on the factory it came from, temperature while spraying/curing, ventilation, etc. so matching can be pretty much impossible sometimes, especially base coat/top coat jobs.
Pearls/candies look great when theyre good, but HORRIBLE when theyre bad! Thats why 2002 SE black is the best color!!

well im not sure what is with color rite but i was told straight from my dealer they are the ones that make the color for our bikes when girl droped my bike the first week i had it i needed it to be touched up and they gave me the color it came out mint? but like they all said it may be the same color but the condistions can make or break you

Im just going to throw this out there but perhaps its not the paint thats the actual problem perhaps its a lack of when doing candys the more coats of top coat you use the darker the color gets thats actually a trick to doing ghost flames in candy's instead of mixing a whole new lighter batch of paint you just do the flames 1 to 3 coats less than the final amount of coats applyed so perhaps you should have it redone and just add a few more coats of the top coat and see if that was the problem.

Back