Colorado

Big K

Registered
I am moving to colorado next month for my job. It is located in commerce city and I have been looking at aurora. Does anybody on this board live in colorado and if so any comments on aurora. I am married and have 3 kids. Any comments appreciated.

I use to live right off colfaxs there nice place would love to move back but the good calif weather won't let me and also the job i have here pays 3 times more enjoy nice place to live :beerchug:

I am moving to colorado next month for my job. It is located in commerce city and I have been looking at aurora. Does anybody on this board live in colorado and if so any comments on aurora. I am married and have 3 kids. Any comments appreciated.
Be prepared for a bit of a shock when you get the busa up to that elevation...she's gonna feel a little weak :banghead: One of the seldom mentioned but often maligned downsides of high elevation living....substantial loss of hp/torque and throttle response :disagree:
I live at 5000ft...my stock busa was a dog up here :(

Last edited:
I lived in Aurora for a year a looong time ago.. Nice little suburb to be in good schools in the area when I was there.

Sorry I don't know anything more recent than about 10 years ago.:whistle:

I used to live in Westminster right to the east of Denver I believe aurora is just to the west of Denver.

I loved it there at the time. The winters will be long (not sure where you live now). The newer bikes that have OS sensors will compensate some for the altitude. The mile high city has less Oxygen.

Skiing is great I used to go to Copper Mountain a lot. Also if you like climbing and the scenery is nice.

Good luck there.

I live in Parker which is southeast of Denver and Southwest of Aurora. Some parts of Aurora are ok, but there's a fair share of not-so-nice areas. If you can, definitely come check it out first to have a look around. Also, if you contact Aurora PD they'll likely provide you with crime stats for the various neighborhoods. And, don't worry about your Busa. The first time you hit the mountains you'll forget all about the diminished horsepower and start wondering where you can get stickier tires.

Good luck with the move!

I have a house in CO (Pagosa Springs) and have ridden all over that state....Steamboat, Ouray, Creede, Durango, Cerested Butte....it's motorcycle heaven! Both for beautiful mountain roads AND incredible dual sport trails over mountain passes! Enjoy! Raydog

Back