Colorado Hwy 550 anyone ... ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Wow! Just watched SpeedTV and saw a special about hwy 550 in Colorado, now thats my kinda road... We have some like that up in the Sierra's and I have seen, and ridden similar in Montana / Utah ... but anyone ever been on the 550? ( AKA, " The Million $ HWY " )

Whats the road condition and traffic like?

pd672100.jpg

Last edited:
No kent but seen it many times on dangerous drives. It would be a great ride on a bike. its out of durango Colorado.:beerchug:

TONS of great roads in the mid/southern Rockies in Colorado - grew up/lived there for 17 years. A lot of the roads in the mountains are well maintained, just have to deal with the elevation.

Now....I have these AWESOME, flat, straight roads in IL! /sarcasm :laugh:

Plenty of roads like that available in the Rockies, as mentioned. I drove 550 with a trailer in a snowstorm on one of my work trips. :D

very beautiful, went from Durango to Denver. however, be careful for bicycle-bikers I rode in august of last year and had fun but came across lots of bikes. and a few roadkill deer and rocks along the path. nothing you haven'nt seen. have fun...

One of my favorites.... been hitting that one for years my Brother!

Ouray is a beautiful place to stay if your ever in this neck of the woods...

Hows about the Beartooth Pass in Wy? I rode thru in Sept 2004 and it was AWESOME!

Top pic is the West side - bottom is the East side. Unfortunately I was on a Harley Road King scaping pegs on every turn...

beartooth.jpg

BeartoothPass7.jpg

Last edited:
Back