color choices???

mike04busa

Registered
I took my 04 blue and silver apart for paint and have changed my mind about 100 times about colors. I was orig. thinking a metallic green base w/ orange tribal flames,but I saw a few pics in mags. and shot that one down. The latest one it all black with a slight metallic in it,but what color decals to put on it?? So many colors to chose from on ebay for the decals.I'am up for anything and my buddy that is doing the paint is not afraid of color if you know what I mean.Thanks for everyone's input in advance.

Go with the black and silver look, I have seen one done like this and it looked great!
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif

Look at House of Kolor website.  Pick something you have not seen.

...man their site had gotten confusing.

Unless you're doing a crazy custom paint job, I've always liked black on a bike.
2cents.gif

New_Image_1__Small_.JPG

My buddy works at an automotive paint store.He has been mixing and painting cars/bikes for almost 15yrs. They sell dupont, House of Kolor.I forgot if dupont makes that line.The sky is the limit. I just want something that would flow with the lines of the bike. Like the shape of the upper fairing and the tail. Was just thinking something might come up I have not thought of.

google "custom paint jobs" under images, look at power / race boat pics...pro type race cars / bikes...tattoo pics for design scheems...I have used salt water fish pics for some fade designs / color selection. A dark green, black, with some silver really pops out in the sunlight and looks almost black at night 'till the street light hit it.

One thing to keep in mind is if you get a nick or scratch a wild paint job may take several steps to bring it back. (candy or pearl/mica effect pigments)

Spray a few test panels and go with catches your eye.

Can he airbrush the graphics instead of getting decals put on? If not, have him put the decals on before he applies the clearcoat. Gives it alot better look and they will last forever.
beerchug.gif

Here's decals under clearcoat

med_gallery_2253_10_206554.jpg

Can he airbrush the graphics instead of getting decals put on?  If not, have him put the decals on before he applies the clearcoat.  Gives it alot better look and they will last forever.
beerchug.gif

Here's decals under clearcoat
Thats what we are going to do. If I go 2 tone we will do the 2 colors clear sand it and then apply the decals and re-clear for the seamless look. He don't do alot of airbrush mostly tape and paint design.

TRANSLUCENT BLUE TO GREEN House of kolors Flake with a Black base coat getting the green you wanted and suzuki blue well maybe alittle darker ooo and by the way the gas cap is on its way the # is 03073330000037300424 went out usps good luck on the color man
beerchug.gif

I took my 04 blue and silver apart for paint and have changed my mind about 100 times about colors.  I was orig. thinking a metallic green base w/ orange tribal flames,but I saw a few pics in mags. and shot that one down. The latest one it all black with a slight metallic in it,but what color decals to put on it?? So many colors to chose from on ebay for the decals.I'am up for anything and my buddy that is doing the paint is not afraid of color if you know what I mean.Thanks for everyone's input in advance.
Ferrari yellow with chrome frame/wheels..thats what my stretched chromed 1100's gonna be...not sure about decals yet tho

Here's mine done with HOK Tangelo Orange Pearl straight out of the can over a white base.   If you want the color to "pop" or standout, use a metallic silver base. The white make the metallics finer, less coarse which is perfect for a background color when doing graphics. I was going to do flames over the whole bike, but never got to it.

post_6_87522_orange2.jpg

Back