Cold start clack

StrtRac3r

Registered
So my Busa started a bit of clacking in the morning... Only on the first start up of the day. Does not go away when I pull the clutch. How do I determine if its to do with the cam chain, or engine? Runs perfect after a min, and oil looks good. (2002 just hit 30k)

image-3452789298.jpg

Added a pic to get attention.... That can't be her last trip lol.

image-3452789298.jpg

I would just continue to monitor it at this point. They ALL make noise. Perhaps the cam chain tensioner just needs to click over once,something like that.

Maybe,she was just being temperamental....:banghead:

Noises heard...noises go away after 1 minute. :thumbsup: GTG.

RSD.

rubbersidedown said:
I would just continue to monitor it at this point. They ALL make noise. Perhaps the cam chain tensioner just needs to click over once,something like that.

Maybe,she was just being temperamental....:banghead:

Noises heard...noises go away after 1 minute. :thumbsup: GTG.

RSD.

That's my hopes. Engine kits are a bit costly lol. And none come with rods or bearings.... Unless its like 4k

I believe mine has a header leak which seals itself as soon as the motor gets warm. Stock headers I guess are known for this. It sounds like a knocking noise to the general public. :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's my hopes. Engine kits are a bit costly lol. And none come with rods or bearings.... Unless its like 4k

Engine kits...whoa......dont go gettin' all paranoid on me.:laugh:

She is not gonna blow up....unless...

It does. :rofl:

RSD.

Lol. Yeah it sounds like a hard part. But during the weekend ill pull the side off and take a look at the exhaust. It's a yosh full.

Back