Cold remedies.. Help

If you are looking for 'store bought' remedies that work, there are two that my dad has found that work that you get at the 'remedy?' type stores. One is sambucol (sp?), the other is umka, me and my wife have used both, and yes they do work. You use one when you start feeling sick, the other is to shorten the duration...they aren't too expensive and have had good results.

I had an urgent care doctor once give me the following suggestions:

1) Chicken Soup
2) Vitamin C
3) Zinc Lozenges
4) Lots of Hot Tea w/honey, lemon, and CAYENNE PEPPER! Yes that is correct Cayenne Pepper! It did help!!

I am currently SUFFERING myself! There isn't much you can do when it is a viral thing. I am on my 6th day of a 10 day course of Levaquin (antibiotic) and that hasn't done one single thing! If it were bacterial I would think the antibiotic would help. Mucinex helps somewhat. ???

Zinc really does work, take it and keep taking it. Also Zicam comes in several different forms, contains Zinc. It's the only remedy I have found that does work. Just have to use it and follow the directions.

I worked at a doctor's office where my co-workers swore by zinc. Even when they weren't sick. Everyone used it in some form or another whether it was multi-vitamins or lozenges.

Dave uses Emergen-C in his water during the fall and winter months to keep from getting sick when Anastasia or myself get sick. He says it really helps.

Also Zicam comes in several different forms, contains Zinc. It's the only remedy I have found that does work. Just have to use it and follow the directions.

BINGO!

Thats what I use and it doesn't necessarily make you get over your cold but definitely lessens the effects and shortens it. :)

Back