Cold Pills @ The Walgreens..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Setting at the Walgreens pharmacy this afternoon waiting to get my flu shot and this guy comes up to the counter to buy cold pills. Here in Missouri you have to have a prescription to buy them as they are the main ingredient in methamphetamine. He gives the clerk his 'scrip card and the clerk says, "your over the limit". Dude starts freaking out, clerk tells him he can only get one box per day and only 3 per month. Guy argues for a bit that this is the only box he's got in 2 days, totally refusing to acknowledge the "3 boxes per month" thing. After a minute he leaves. About 10 minutes pass and here comes this skanky looking gal hustles up to the counter wanting to buy cold pills too, same reply from the pharmacist. She starts yelling that someone else must be using her card and demanding to know who. "Can't help you" the pharmacist says. She heads off cussing and spitting mad.
Figure they were together and a couple of boxes of pseudoephedrine pills would make them each a weekend shot. No cigar (or dope) for them this weekend it looks. Thought the whole show was kind of amusing, law is apparently working to some extent.

I got mine though. Arm hurts a bit and I may feel a little weak in the morning for a while, but hopefully I won't get the flu now.:thumbsup:

It sucks that legitimate people have to go to the doc now to get simple cold meds, but glad the law is working. I am lucky and don't get colds often, so my supply should last me for about a decade. :laugh: And when that runs out, I guess Whiskey will be my "nyquil" of choice. :beerchug:

It sucks that legitimate people have to go to the doc now to get simple cold meds, but glad the law is working. I am lucky and don't get colds often, so my supply should last me for about a decade. :laugh: And when that runs out, I guess Whiskey will be my "nyquil" of choice. :beerchug:

You can still get the gel caps anywhere with no problem or legal issues, as they don't work for meth production. It's just the hard pills that you need a prescription for.

You can still get the gel caps anywhere with no problem or legal issues, as they don't work for meth production. It's just the hard pills that you need a prescription for.

I was going to say that law would suck....but sounds like a good one if you can still geds meds w/o seeing the doc

It's getting much worse. Now that there is a recipe for cold-cooking meth in a soda bottle instead of having to heat it, it's overwhelming law enforcement's ability to deal with it. Eventually, the problem solves itself as the life-expectancy of a meth head is only about 5 years.

Faces of Meth......... :disagree:

meth2.jpg

Meth is mild compared to what they use in Russia.

NSFW, skip to 8:00 in:
Drug (Rusia's Disaster)A drug that eats junkies - Ma túy[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Those pictures are really sad. What does this drug do that makes all those sores?

here is a basic list of what is used to make Meth...

Alcohol - Gasoline additives or Rubbing Alcohol
◙Ether (starting fluid)
◙Benzene
◙Paint thinner
◙Freon
◙Acetone
◙Chloroform
◙Camp stove fuel
◙Anhydrous ammonia
◙White gasoline
◙Pheynl-2-Propane
◙Phenylacetone
◙Phenylpropanolamine
◙Rock, table or Epsom salt
◙Iodine crystals
◙Red Phosphorous
◙Toluene (found in brake cleaner)
◙Red Devil Lye
◙Drain cleaner
◙Muraitic acid
◙Battery acid
◙Lithium from batteries
◙Sodium metal
◙Ephedrine
◙Cold tablets
◙Diet aids
◙Iodine
◙Bronchodialators
◙Energy boosters

Pretty much destroying your body and the sores are a bi-product of the abuse. That and the extremely poor diet. It's amazing how people would consider trying this stuff.

Those pictures are really sad. What does this drug do that makes all those sores?

it's generally due to the bad diet mentioned by Strife along with introducing various poisons into their bodies, poor personal hygiene, skin that becomes dry and ichy, acne breakouts, and developing the habit of picking at their skin and/or hair...then, they walk up to the counter and pull their money out of their bra and try to hand it to you to pay for their "medicine"...that's why we keep antibacterial hand cleaners around the registers

Thanks for the explanation. I would have never figured all that stuff went into it. Just so sad.

Thanks for the explanation. I would have never figured all that stuff went into it. Just so sad.

It actually pretty dangerous to make too. That's why you hear people talking about Meth labs blowing up.

Explosion Caught On Tape - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one thing you NEVER EVER EVER want to 'try'. Instant addiction.

Back