Cocky?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
OK busa buddies, if u is like me you may start getting just a little too cocky on the beast... well today I was rippin around with a CBR600 and a Gixxer750. Ride went well I kept slowing down for them ... really... anyway I was filming them or at least trying to. We did the mountain run then cruised town & beach run. On the way back from the beach run I was getting bored... decided to wheelie. Lifted it way higher than usual ( about 11:00 ) and kinda startled myself and slammed it down way to hard. Close call to say the least! I thought I had it on film but when I got home I found out I ran out of tape. Long & short of it is : it was kind of a wake call for me gotta be careful, safe, and dont get tooooooo big for yo britches. Nuff said.
face7.gif
bluegrab.gif
" dont let the Busa bite cha "

Did nearly the same thing yesterday...Was rolling on decided to do a second gear burnout felt the rear swapping sides came out the throttle just in time man I'm surprise I still have a seat...Cooled out after that...:2:

Maybe its just the season? I went for a ride tonight and after the motor got to normal temp, it was like instant 10 more horses in all gears. supprised the hell outta me...ended up missing a shift. lol. now im poping. I think its about due for a service anyway. Boy do I miss those Gixxer clutches

Me too...been laid up for almost a full week with my back...finally got well enough to go ride yesterday.....stayed out front all day and pulled up a couple of 11:00 wheelies.....not real good for the back....I think it's just cause it's winter time AND my tire is about gone so I don't care if it gets bald.

PLEASE!! PLEASE!! BE CAREFUL. The good news is that you guys recognize the mistakes.

Hopefully you guys still have/keep some fear/respect of the monster.....  It sucked having to read about Danno's crash..  lets not have to do that anymore ..mmmmMMkay?

I promise I'll do my best not to crash (or get crashed) if you guys do too. hahaha.

----edit---
Even though the crash was not Dan's fault...

This is sort of funny...Just had a friend, owner of a zx12r leave my driveway, and as he was leaving he tried a low speed rolling burnout...Well there are alot of leaves on my drive and the bike almost spinned from beneath him...I had just told him to keep it between the lines...

He was kind of pissed at "STUNNAH and WHOA" because we had gone by his house yesterday and talked much @#$%! about our Busa's and when we rolled out we made a smilie face in front of his house as a reminder not to %$#! with us...

That would really bite. Some friends and I went to Laguna last year we were leaving and a friend thought it would be cool to do a third gear burnout, but he didn't control the bike right and it came right out from underneath him. He really felt like a jacka@@.

thats 90% of the reason I never even wanted to learn to stunt... aside from the obvious dangers to person, and bike ..

there is the obvious "What an idiot!!" factor of screwing it up in front of somebody... or god forbid.. on film.. for the whole internet community to look, and laugh at my stupid butt rolling down the asphalt as my beautiful 'busa does it's tumbleweed impression.. .

nah, not for me.

Hopefully you guys still have/keep some fear/respect of the monster.....  It sucked having to read about Danno's crash..  lets not have to do that anymore ..mmmmMMkay?

I promise I'll do my best not to crash (or get crashed) if you guys do too. hahaha.

----edit---
I promise never to do it again. Been there done that

----edit---
I still have and probaby always will have great respect for the busa. It just kinda took me by suprise. It was kinda funny watching a japanese midjet (spelling?) trying to hold on for dear life as the bike wanted out from under me. It just said, get off of meeee!  
face7.gif
btw, I love this icon lol

I would probly try stupid-er ( is that a word? ) stuff if I was on the old R6 or a lighter less powerful bike. But ya know 170+ pony's and 475 lb's... To realize the power & weight try pushing the beast around your drive way a few times or up hill a little... then you will know, then you will know... whoa!
wow.gif

If Genii is a word, then stupider is a word.

Yes, it's easy to get cocky sometimes, then you get brought back to reality when you're going REALLY fast towards the stop sign, or start sweating making that turn. I am glad that we can realize what we're doing (or not doing) afterwards. I think it shows a maturity among us, not like, Dude... it got away from me, I don't know what happened. The people on this board seem to know exactly what they did, right or wrong, and what happened afterwards. Is that the value of experience we keep trying to tell the "newbies" who want to buy a 'Busa for the first time? Hmmm...

Still taking my time with the Busa. Learning to get more comfortable with the wheelies and a few rolling burnouts here and there. The Busa demands respect and I do give it. I have gotten real comfortable with her in the twisties. We don't have many here, but the ones that we do are awesome. Have to practice going back and forth, but that's all I have for now.

Brian
ghostface.gif

. . .or start sweating making that turn.  I am glad that we can realize what we're doing (or not doing) afterwards.  I think it shows a maturity among us,
shoo! I hate that feeling...

haha Maturity..

I'm immature enough to get myself in trouble.. and mature enough to realize I did a bad thing after I'm in it.
wink.gif

Back